Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Nickel Contributor

UserNotification table questions.....

[ Edited ]

First off, this could have also went into the LAN forum as I am experiencing it there as well, but I thought this may get me to a broader audience.

I have (with the help of tech support) tracked down an error message that is happening in an upgraded SalesLogix v8.0.0 Cloud environment for a customer that is experiencing issues when trying to snooze Activities. (A screen capture of the error message is attached)  In SLX Profiler, there is no errors thrown, the queries that run come back as executed, but do not seem to run after the error is thrown, and will show when the activities are snoozed again.  In the Windows Event viewer there is a reference to the offending activities that are causing my issues that I was able to use to track down the offending records and I am seeing a value of 'Delete' in the Type field in the UserNotification table.  In looking at other customer databases, I can not find another that has that value it in, for any record.  I modified the value for the Type field to be 'Deleted' and that fixed the error.  This appears to be an issue that started with SalesLogix v7.5.3 Cloud for this customer as I can not find any entries before we upgraded them to v7.5.3, and I can not find any of these values that occurred during their testing of v8.0.0.

My question(s):  What are valid entries for the Type column in the UserNotifiation table?  and... Has anyone else ran into a similar issue, and if so, how did you correct it?  (P.S..  I know that I can run a SQL statement to correct the values, I am looking for more of a root cause and what needs to be fixed to stop generating the value that seems to be causing the issue in the first place)

Jim Pemberton
Vice President of Engineering
Simplesoft Solutions, Inc
Award Winning Infor CRM Business Partner
Gold Super Contributor

Re: UserNotification table questions.....

Types that I know of:

Confirm

Decline

Deleted

Completed

Change

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101
alt
".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Nickel Contributor

I have also ran across 'Leader' and 'Removed' from looking at the databases from various customers this morning to add to that listing.

The Delete seems to be the odd value out.....

Jim Pemberton
Nickel Contributor

With the advice from tech support, I reset the UserNotification Type values from 'Delete' to 'Deleted'.  They are not sure where these values are being introduced, nor am I, but after fixing them, the errors are gone.  I marked the records that I adjusted so that I can tell if the error reoccurs if it is coming from records I already fixed or newly created records.  Hopefully this is the end of it.

Jim Pemberton
Silver Contributor

Leader.

RJ Samp