Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Nickel Contributor

Upgrade of 7.5.3 to 8.0 error gets generated when logging in

In the process of upgrading a 7.5.3 database to 8.0 .. followed steps in the guide.. everything builds correctly.. deploys correctly..

Login page is presented ... Then system seems to hang on change to welcome page..

Error coming from VS is as follow:

Tried to register widget with id=="+_726.id+" but that id is already registered")

anyone have idea what I missed or how to correct this..? 

and of course... not an issue on the Blank 8.0 database I started before the upgrade..

Nickel Contributor

Re: Upgrade of 7.5.3 to 8.0 error gets generated when logging in

Two things:

1. Have you tried clearing your browser cache?

2. During upgrade process did you include any js file from 7.5.3 version?

Nickel Contributor

During the upgrade I didn't include any specific .js files.. Whatever was already existing in the VFS.. nothing specically added above and beyond..

Browser Cache -- purged and still issue resides..

Checked Event Viewer.. this time I have error ..

Sage.Platform.Messaging.Transport.Wcf.MessageBusCallBack -- Unable to locate server at address net.tcp://localhost:9001/Server/MessageBus
Nickel Contributor

Did you make any progress with the error related to MessageBus. We are seeing this error in our logs as well in an 8.1 test environment.

Thanks ~ Chad

Chad Morton
Nickel Contributor

Sorry no I have not. But, some projects have had my attention and I'll get back to this in the next week
Nickel Contributor

Hi Rich,

Not sure if this will be of any help to you, but the root of our MessageBus error was caused by another process on the server using port 9000. The MessageBusServer uses both port 9000 & 9001. Once we re-assigned the existing process to another port our error went away. 

Thanks and Good Luck!

Chad Morton
Copper Super Contributor

Hi, same issue here. Is there anything new?

We have updated SLX to 8.0 and now it hangs on loading the Welcome Page (Home.aspx).

Error: Tried to register widget with id==Start but that id is already registered

But it only concerns the admin user, the other users are able to open the Welcome Page.

kind regards

AWollner

Nickel Contributor

Yes I have seen this issue before.. It looks like one of your dashboard is corrupted.  From the backend just backup your plugin table and try deleting the plugin related to the dashboard one by one.  At one stage it will start functioning and you can easily delete that plugin from the list.

Nickel Contributor

Actually I did uncover the issue, it appears that we had multiple items named Dashboard in the plugin table. I am guessing that it is registering the widgets by name rather than by id so if there are duplicate names it throws that error.

I went into the VFS table and ran the following:

Select * From Plugin where Name like '%DashBoard%' and Type = '36'

ths showed me the duplicates and after I reomved the duplicate leaving the one of each name it worked for me.