Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Copper Super Contributor

Unable to locate type information

Application throws.....

Unable to locate type information: Saleslogix.customBusinessRules.EntityMethod, Saleslogix.customBusinessRules for entity.OnLoad event

The method is clearly in the custom business rules assembly and have been referenced properly in the project workspace.

Smiley Surprised

I also went ahead and re-added the load event however still the same exception being thrown.

Any suggestions on why/when it would do that ? 

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Unable to locate type information

Did you find this? Might need to update codesnippets.xml to reference your custom dll.

Andy Freeman
TrellisPoint, LLC
Copper Super Contributor

"Might need to update codesnippets.xml to reference your custom dll."

any pointers to accomplish that?

The bizzare part is started happening after a recent change in an accountdetail form which doesnt even call this method.

Bronze Super Contributor

Sorry, maybe my link above was hard to notice: http://www.slxdeveloper.com/forum.aspx?forumid=4002&postid=14473 This post seems to have relevant information although it is from 2008.

Also, I have found that AccountDetails tends to be where references get loaded since it's the first entity alphabetically. You could try adding the reference to your custom DLL in that quickform.

Andy Freeman
TrellisPoint, LLC