Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

SLX 754 Out of memory Exception

Stress testing for a hundred concurrent users will fail after 20 minutes with w3wp.exe(IIS) Out of Memory Exception

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor

Re: SLX 754 Out of memory Exception

Hello,

I have seen this issue multiple times, never did get an answer out of Sage in regards to the number of users per instance.

With that amount of concurrent usage, I would recommend splitting SlxClient over multiple Application Pools. You should have SData/SlxClient on separate Application Pools, with recycling set on the SData portal but NOT the SlxClient portal (as it will cause logout issues for all connected users). 

Regarding recycling on sData, I know Sage would disagree, however what's better; a 10-20 second extra load time on a query, or an obscure error that means nothing to the user?

Regards,

Richard Anderson
CRM Consultant
K3 CRM
Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

I agree with Richard on using Additional Instances running on Separate Application Pools (or separate servers all together).

If you think about it, SalesLogix is running in a 32 Bit Application Pool. That means that you will have a certain amount of Memory available (2GB Max).

That said, Memory Ussage will then depend on your customizations and on the actual Activity of the Users, Server caching, etc. So, as you add additional users to the System, Memory ussage will grow, and at some point will hit a limit (thus your Out of Memory Exception).

To answer Richard's Question of how many users per Instance, the Stress test is probably the best way to figure it out. First of all, figure out the Max Number of Concurrent users your Stress test shows your instance can handle, at an acceptable performance (in other words, your instance may handle 40 users, but not the best performance). Once you know where you stand, then you can add additional Instances (Same server if resources allow, or on additional Servers).

Raul A. Chavez
http://raul.chavez.com
http://www.crmbi.com
Highlighted
Silver Contributor

We used a rule of thumb at one large customer who was having some horrific 7.5.2\3 web performance issues.....we went to 7.5.4 for their 13Gb database and housed the DB and SLX OLE Db Provider on its own VMWare box.....SLX Speedsearch, Docs, et al on a box...2 web hosts with SLX Mobile and a web load balancer box in front of the 2 IIS boxes.....and a 32 bit Crystal Server. Reindex and backup the SQL Server DB nightly and performance is excellent.....lots of index tweaking of course.

RJ Samp
Highlighted

Additionally, make sure you have all the latest Updates applied, as there were some fixes for memory leaks in one of the Updates.

John Perona

Director, Infor CRM Development

Infor CRM

Infor CRM

Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

dva, what tools are you using for stress testing? We are in a similar environment and I think the tools would be useful. Thanks.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

HP LoadRunner

Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

One of our customers runs between 150-200 users concurrently on 7.5.4 against oracle.  We initially had many issues with memory leaks crashing the app pool under 6.2 so we had then setup a round robin logic to serve up from a list of sites (about 30 in total) each using their own app pool. We've seen that since moving to 7.5+ we don't see the same memory issues but have left the logic in place and we haven't had really any problems.