Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Tuned Listener

SLX V8 Can't create remote user or office

Good morning,

New issue with our on-going upgrade testing.

We are on version 7.2.1 and upgrading to 8.0.0.

Our main database is Oracle.  Moving from 10g to 11i.  Also trying to use multi-byte character set in new db.

Can't create remote office or remote user:

Step: stpExecSQL_CreateViews returned error: The multi-part identifier "A.MODIFYDATE" could not be bound. (Microsoft SQL Native Client (80040e14): The multi-part identifier "A.ACCOUNTID" could not be bound.) (Microsoft SQL Native Client (80040e14): The multi-part identifier "A.TICK" could not be bound.) (Microsoft SQL Native Client (80040e14): The multi-part identifier "A.APPID" could not be bound.) (Microsoft SQL Native Client (80040e14): The multi-part identifier "A.GLOBALSYNCID" could not be bound.)

I have re-run the create view scripts in Oracle with no errors.  Removed any invalid views.  The view it is failing on seems to be the Accountsyncview.

Any ideas or workarounds out there?

Thanks.

Steve

Tuned Listener

Re: SLX V8 Can't create remote user or office

I have finally been able to create a remote by systematically removing failed views from sectabledefs until no errors remain.  Other problematic views are the oa_ views (we are on Oracle).  I find there were added by SLX in version 6.  I removed, but wonder if they are really obsolete?

I believe a lot of our issues are because we upgraded from version 4 to 5 to 6 to 7 to 8 and have a lot of junk haging around.  Never enough time or courage for a re-implementation!  Wish there was a good cleanup tool out there.

Gold Super Contributor

Re: SLX V8 Can't create remote user or office

Been there.. done that...

Yes, there's a "bit of junk" in SLX db's that have gone thru the upgrade process - especially if they have tripped thru the "6 stuff"....

A too/utility?? - nope.. none.. never expect there will be.. but there are few people (like me ;-)  that do know how to "fix" these db's.

Want help... contact me directly.. see sig..

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101
alt
".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html