Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Tuned Listener

Mobile Hashtag Search

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I'm just looking for a sanity check on my logic if someone would be so kind, the scenario is -

•  Search required to find all an account's opps where they have an opp contact

I have a number of assumptions that I can do this but with some restrictions -

1. Assumption - I can create a hastag to look at OpportunityContact.Account.AccountNameUpper (or something similar)?
  2. I can then add an account name to the lookup using std functionality  ie. #OppContact Abbott
  3. Assumption - at that point the search would be overridden by the std search - (upper(Description) like "${0}%" or Account.AccountNameUpper like "${0}%") ?
  4. Question -  Can I amend the search query to do a different search in this case?

At this point I simply need to know if I can do it, although the search query override seems the most tricky...

Thanks

Nik

Highlighted
Gold Super Contributor

Re: Mobile Hashtag Search

You have a couple of options depending on the version of mobility you are running..

It is simple to create an override that completely replaces the OOTB query.. and remember the hashtag is just an "AND" to the "where" (the initial query).

I suggest you look here at the documentation on Query: http://interop.sage.com/daisy/sdata/Queries.html

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Highlighted
Tuned Listener

[ Edited ]

Ok Thanks RJ

It wil be 3.0.x, I don't want to lose the OOTB query on opportunity account name or description though, I need to be able to do this as well. Hence the question about the std search scuppering things.

(Given that you haven't said my assumptions are incorrect I'll assume that they are correct) Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Tuned Listener

[ Edited ]

Almost there but I can't quite work out the syntax to ID the hashtag that has been clicked.

I can't find the appropriate code, can anybody help.

I also need to change the select query to be distinct.

Thanks

Nik