Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Saleslogix 8.1 slow to maximize from taskbar

Hi RJ,

Excatly where I am heading, indexes that is. We do run a reindex every night however I believe indexes have always been an issue in the SLX DB, they don't in my opinion get reviewed\updated very often.

Thanks for the advice.

Regards

Craig

Gold Super Contributor

Yep.. proper index maintenance has been ignored in over 90% of all SLX db's - a ral nightmare - and it is at the heart of all performance issues on Windows/LAN, Web and Mobility.

The right way to fix it is to start with a complete "stripping/removal" os ALL indexes in the SLX db - including custom tables. Then create ALL new indexes on every FK fields.. plus some others... plus make PK's be clustered, etc..

Not a task that is within the KB domain of SLX of most customers.. However, we have deleloped the tools/processes to deal with it  - all they have to do is email/call ;-)

Once things are repaired - a scheduled "re-indexing" every nite keeps it running smooth.

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101
alt
".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Bronze Super Contributor

Hi RJ,

Thanks for the further info, I need to have a review, however I would say in this case the vast majority if not all PK's are clustered, not too sure on the FK's.

Would be interested to know what tools\processes you have as going through this can eat up an awful lot of time, will drop you a mail directly, if that's ok?

Regards

Craig

Copper Super Contributor

Same with us, especially if the saleslogix LAN-Client is started within a rdp session, but under normal circumstances as well.

At least much slower than in 7.5.4.