Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings

Move Contact to new Account causes the account in the History to change

When you move a contact from one account to another (e.g., job move) why would you want to change ALL the contact's history information to the new account?  You lose your audit history of where this person worked when you made the note.  Shouldn't the note/history information retain the original contact/account information?  In other words, I should be able to see the original note linked to the contact it was created for AS WELL AS from the ACCOUNT it was originally created for.

Is this really how this works in SalesLogix?     

Employee

Re: Move Contact to new Account causes the account in the History to change

Have you taken a look at the Move Options?

Yes, I have.  If you choose to "COPY" contact, the system creates a duplicate but at least there is a note that indicates the contact has moved including the TO/FROM account information. The duplicate is not an acceptable outcome.  If you choose to "MOVE" and NOT copy notes, you just lose the notes.  If you choose to "MOVE" and copy notes, then the notes come over to the new account.  BUT, when you open the note, it no longer references the old account.  This information is completely replaced by the new account.  So, you don't have any idea where this person was when the note was created.  We need to know where someone was when the note was generated.  If I have missed an important flag, I would really appreciate that information.

Employee

Unfortunately I can't see a way to achieve what you are looking for.

I would suggest posting your requirements on the IdeaLogix part of the board.

It may also be that a business partner has created a move functionality which works like you're looking for.