08-25-2010 12:02 PM
12-29-2010 06:08 AM
Solution? I hadn't even identified a problem - I was just looking for possible issues. None were offered so we'll see if we run into any next quarter when we migrate.
01-13-2011 09:13 AM
We're in the middle of this now. Getting some mixed results. Everything seems to work fine except for the Outlook integration. Most of the time, it works, but about 35% of the time, either Outlook or SLX stops responding and has to close. I am pretty sure it is all on the Outlook side though. One user has had no problems at all, but has spent only a few hours in there. I have the problem pretty frequently.
Upon opening SLX, Citrix (XenApp) shows an error message which changes. Sometimes it states that "the profile name is not valid" (it is) , followed by "no profiles have been created" (they have), finishing with "Could not login to Outlook. Make sure it is properly installed".
Other times upon opening SLX, we get a Citrix error message saying "SalesLogix has stoppped working" with some details pointing to mswsock.dll as the Fault Module Name, but I am sure that changes as well. The only option there is really to Close the Program.
We have separate Citrix Outlook profiles setup. We have tried having Outlook as a published app, and opening that before opening SLX, but that didn't help at all (saw it in a post somewhere along the way).
Sometimes SLX will show that I am connected to email, but when I try to open email (View --> Email), I get error messages that the information store cannot be opened (the message is being generated by Outlook), and Outlook may or may not open. If it does open, it is really just an empty app. It has the buttons for calenday, mail, etc, but if I click on any, I get an "Outlook has stopped working" error message from Citrix, but this message has a "Restart" option. Often times, when I restart, everything comes up as it should.
Haven't nailed it yet, but will let you know what we find out.
01-13-2011 01:13 PM
Thanks for the update. Outlook integration is a must so I look forward to finding out what you uncover.
On an unrelated issue I recently ran into the information store could not be opened issue and spent a good deal of time going down google deadends until I finally tracked down that one of my datafiles on the network was unavailable (I think a mapped drive had not reconnected on bootup or something). So don't forget to check the obvious but it sounds like you are!
01-13-2011 02:45 PM
Turns out that one of the other users who said there is no problem actually has the same issue, so it isn't specific to me or my profile.
What we know.
1. We recreated my Exchange roaming profile and Citrix Outlook profiles to rule out profile corruption. Didn't help.
2. If we publish Outlook in Xenapp and I open Outlook in Xenapp without opening SLX, it opens up just fine. Seems to indicate that the profiles and Outlook setup is fine in Xenapp.
3. If I close Outlook, and then open SLX and try to connect to email through the View --> Email option, I get prompted with the "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The information store could not be opened". Again, an Outlook message, but only when trying to access it through SLX. It appears to be trying to open a pst file, but we don't want users creating pst files on the Citrix servers, so they do not have write access to the C: drive. It seems that SalesLogix is remembering the pst file from my network Outlook profile or something along those lines. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense (yet!).
4. Even while this is going on, the SLX email icon shows that I am "logged into email". I can log out and back on without problem which I guess means that the SLX to Exhange handshake is fine? It is just opening the client side that is an issue.
5. We have manually registered the SLXAB32.dll on the Citrix server, but do not have the SLX address book in Citrix Outlook (Need to confirm that no one sees it... Pretty sure that is an unrelated issue). We didn't register the dll as the user though which I saw somewhere that it needed to be.... not sure why? The SendSLX and drag and drop email stuff works fine. though.
6. If I first open Outlook in Citrix and then open SLX, the View --> Email does work (as you would expect since Outlook is already open...)
7. Thought maybe the Calendar access in the user profiles in SLX might have something to do with it, so removed all shared caledar access, and still had problem.
01-14-2011 10:37 AM
We are running SLX 7.22 up through HF 20 on a CITRIX XenApp farm. We DO NOT use Outlook (Lotus Notes 8.5.1) nor Exchanged. 120 some users.
We manually reset any Database connections that the user may have edited\logged into when they close their SLX session. So if you aren't logging into PRODUCTION you always have to edit the SLX Server connection to gain access to your desired database.
As noted elsewhere, we do have an issue with SLX Function TzLocalToGMT when running ICA Client for Macintosh (again, this is against the XenApp farm) and the TimeZoneKey being returned as zero\blank\not found.....
01-21-2011 06:18 AM
The issue we were having with the email profiles was due to us running XP SP2 Compatibility mode in XenApp. Turned off all compatibility and the email works perfectly now.
We do have an issue right now with the Opportunity Snapshot window controls not working. The window renders correctly, but none of the pop-ups will open. If a user opens SLX in the XenApp Desktop, and then exit, and then goes back to SLX as a published app, then it works fine.
There is something that updates the user's XenApp profile when they log into Desktop that then allows the SnapShot window to function correctly. I think we are close to figuring this one out. There is a link on the Citrix boards that really mentions the same thing which is that IE as a published app doesn't work until the user goes into desktop, then it will work as a published app. The SnapShot window is an embedded browser object, so is behaving the same.
01-23-2011 04:32 PM
Thanks for the heads-up on the XP SP2 Compatibility Mode. You're trailblazing here because it doesn't look like XenApp is in the System Requirements and Compatibility Checklist. So your efforts surely saved us hours of troubleshooting. How did you track it down? Did you find it on the Citrix board? If so can you provide the link?
What is Opportunity SnapShot? Is that a Web Client functionality?