Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Bronze Elite Contributor
Accepted Solution

Show Word Menu

Hi All,

One of our customer does not have the 'Show Word menu’ within the SalesLogix Template Editor. I have looked on the SLX  KB and the only resolution is to: 

1. Search for the file Normal.dot (the default location is C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates)
  2. Rename the existing file to Normal.dot.old
  3. Refresh the client
  4. Open a template for editing

This hasn’t worked – I have ensured MS Word Security is disabled to allow trusted connections. 

SalesLogix 7.5.1

Office 2007 SP2

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Regards, Adam Travers
empath-e Services Limited
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Show Word Menu

Hi Adam,

In my SLX 7.5.1 and Word 2007 I also see less in "Show Word Menu" than with Word 2003, see attached screenshot.
Or don't you even see this?

Otherwhise I would think that's ok because the new Word 2007 menu is in the background.
And if you miss a function, you can add it to the toolbar in Word and it will also show in the SLX Word editor.

Regards
Marco
---------------------------
Ambit AG, Switzerland
Bronze Elite Contributor

Hi Marco,

Thanks for this, your right! I was comparing our customers environment to ours (We are running Office 2003)

I'm looking for the Grammar and Spelling option so I will just add this in to the Word toolbar as you mentioned.

Thanks again!

Regards, Adam Travers
empath-e Services Limited
Bronze Super Contributor

Grammar and Spelling should already be there. They only need to switch to the Review tab (in the Word 2007 menu).

Regards,
Marco
---------------------------
Ambit AG, Switzerland