04-11-2012 08:01 AM
SLX 7.5.0 (no SP2 or above)
Extremely minor custom modes (labels, couple of fields etc.)
Clients: WinXP and Win7
Host SLX server is Win2K3 R2.
1) Created with Send Attachments checkbox on
2) No restriction or limitation to attachments (ie nothing restricted in Administrator's SLX user Sync tab)
3) Sufficient disk space on both sides (host/client)
4) Single SLX server with sharing attributes setup for SyncLogs and Documents directory
5) Initially an SLX v6.x 'way-back-when'
6) NEW SLXRemote users under Win7 don't receive attachments even when requesting.
7) EXISTING SLXRemote users under WinXP DO receive attachments (so I am told)
8) AutoSync turned on Host/SLXRemote.
9) Appears that attachments are being properly placed into the Documents Host directory but not being sent or received to SLXRemote.
Is this a rights issue with respect to Win7? Haven't encountered/seen this under WinVista/Win7 yet.
FWIW: They tried to upgrade to SLX 7.5.2 on a client without the server going first on one of the Win7 machines but then recut a remote DB and reinstalled SLX 7.5.0. I don't think this is the problem at this time.
Suggested approaches for solution?
04-11-2012 01:07 PM
I guess you checked this, but didn't mention what was in there. What do you see in the SyncStatus.txt and SyncErrors.txt files after a sync when you'd expect to receive a document?
04-12-2012 06:41 AM
The SyncErrors.txt file is 400MB (!!) large. The message is the typical "Unable to move/rename attached file \\Server-Name\...."
I have noticed in validating the shared path for logging that I initially get the message "Unable to browse the network. The request is not supported." but I'm able to actually browse the network to the proper location of "D:\SLXData\SLXSyncLogs" which translates to \\Server-Name\SLXData\SLXSyncLogs. I have renamed the original SyncErrors.txt so a new one is created by the sync server.
Thanks for your response and ideas.