Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings

Remote Databases-All Records

SLX 7.5.3

Using Remote Office and Remote Users

I have a situation with a security group that may require me to recut the databases for my remote users.

I'm not looking forward to this. When I have created databases in the past, they don't seem to populate with all records the user has access to. It seems to require a bunch of syncing to get the user back to where they were before.

Is there a way to create a remote DB that has all the records the user needs without the 2-3 hours it takes to sync to get them up to current?

Users have access to almost all records in the master DB.

Thanks

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Remote Databases-All Records

Hi Again,

All records the user has access to should be there on the creation of the remote database. Are you sure the heavy sync is not because you have the option for Send Attachments set when you recreate the remote database?

Regards, Adam Travers
empath-e Services Limited

[ Edited ]

We have that option checked.

If we uncheck that option, does that mean that the files synched with the old DB will be recognized by the new DB. I suppose this would save a lot of time.

Nickel Super Contributor

If you're doing a re-cut on the same machine for the user, they will already have the necessary attachments stored on their local PC so sending the attachments will not be needed.

The database will have the data it needs, and you will cut the sync time down by not sending the attachments over again.