07-22-2011 07:54 AM
Here is the situation:
Upgraded SLX 7.2.2, SQL 2000
to 7.5.4, Server 2008 R2 64 bits, SQL Server 2008 R2
- Server Works Fine
- Network Clients Work Fine
- Created Remote Database (SXD)
On the Remote Workstation (XP 32 bits):
- Uninstalled MSDE from Control Panel
- Uninstalled SalesLogix from Control Panel
- Installed SalesLogix, including 2005 Backward Compatibility, SQL 2008 R2 Express
(Successfully manually connected to the DB with SA)
- Copied the SXD file on the local drive
When trying to attach the database using AttachRemote.exe, I get an error message:
Error getting MS SQLServer Instance Version: '' is not a valid integer value
If i click Ok (only option), i get another error:
[DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied
Any help would be much appreciated!
07-29-2011 06:48 AM
Yes, SQL Server is running as a service.
I finally was able to attach the remote using "AttachRemote.exe \admin", even though I still got the error [ "Error getting MS SQLServer Instance Version: '' is not a valid integer value ], and Sync is working fine.