Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Things You Want To Know About Sage #SalesLogix (But Are Afraid To Ask) - January 2013

by Employee on ‎01-08-2013 07:26 AM

            It’s a brand new year!  The eggnog and ornaments of Christmas have been put away.  It’s back to the office for us, and back to all those problems with Sage SalesLogix you’ve been avoiding.  Since it’s still so fresh, here’s a New Year’s resolution: this year, you’re going to be a little less scared of Sage SalesLogix.  Yes, it’s a massive program, but it can be tamed.

 

Whoops! I cut a remote database, but I forgot to include the attachments.

 

            The simple fix to this is to recut the remote database with a couple of changes in the settings made before you click the button.  The first is obviously to select the “Send Attachments” box in the Create Database Properties window.  The second is to uncheck the “Generate a new site code” box, since this will keep the existing site code for the remote user and allow them to continue to process the existing QUE/QTS files for their site.  If the remote user isn’t getting the attachments they believe they should, they can request the attachments by setting their attachment sync filter in the Sync Client to 0KB and run a sync cycle.  The references will appear in their Sage SalesLogix client, and clicking on those references will create a request to sync those attachments to the remote on the next sync cycle.  Should that fail, the worst case scenario is manually copying the attachments from the host to the remote.  The default path for attachments on a remote should be “C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SalesLogix\Sync\Documents.”

 

Attachments are not synchronizing from the host database to the remote database

 

Why aren’t my activities syncing from Sage SalesLogix to Outlook?  Intellisync was working fine earlier.

 

            There are a couple possibilities for this one.  The first is that the configuration for Intellisync needs to be reset.  The second possibility is more interesting, and probably more likely to happen to somebody.  Let’s say you’ve deleted an activity in Outlook.  From Outlook’s perspective, it’s nothing unusual.  In Sage SalesLogix, however, the activity has a Category value which is set to “ISYNC DEL.”  Changing this value to something other than ISYNC DEL will cause Intellisync to sync the activities again.

 

Activities are not synchronizing from the SalesLogix Client to Outlook via Intellisync

 

I’ve got an attachment I want to save, but every time I do, I get an error telling me “Maximum request length exceeded.”

 

            This one’s easy to diagnose, but takes some work on the backend to actually correct.  Presumably, these are attachments that made it through Outlook and were small enough to get under the file size limit that is part of that program.  Sage SalesLogix, however, has its own file size limits about what can be uploaded.  You can go into the App Architect, go to Project Manager and modify the web.config file under Support Files.  In the following line:

 

<httpRuntime executionTimeout="90" maxRequestLength="4096" useFullyQualifiedRedirectUrl="false" minFreeThreads="8" minLocalRequestFreeThreads="4" appRequestQueueLimit="100"></httpRuntime> 

  

Modify the “maxRequestLength” value to the base 8 equivalent of the file size you want to upload.  For example, if I wanted to increase the limit to 10MB, I would set the value to 10296.  Save your changes, rebuild and redeploy your web site, and you should be ready to go.

 

How to increase the attachment upload file size limit

 

What’s going on?!  The Sage SalesLogix Administrator is telling me my database is now a remote office!

 

            This is another one that’s easy to diagnose but needs some work to actually correct.  The most common cause for this scenario has to do with your license codes, specifically the order in which they were applied.  If you applied say the Sync Server or Remote Office license before the Administrator license, the Administrator will erroneously believe that your server is now a remote office.  Needless to say, you are going to want to back up your databases before doing anything else.  It’s also highly recommended that you engage your Channel Partner and or database admin before proceeding.  Sage SalesLogix Support cannot assist you with the following action plan, and cannot be responsible for any errors in your SQL databases.

            With that said, make sure any changes to the database have been synced, then tell all your users to exit Sage SalesLogix and stop all services once they’re out.  You will then need to go into the database through Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, find the LICENSES table, and delete the licenses from there.  Once that’s done, launch the Administrator, choose the “Run Selected Setup” option from the SalesLogix Setup Assistant window, and start the License Wizard.  In the License Wizard, apply ONLY the SalesLogix Administrator license and finish out the wizard.  Once that is complete, you can add the other licenses.  After that, you will need to recreate any Remote User or Remote Office databases you may have had present, since the Site Codes for the host database and remote offices have now changed.  Finally, restart the SalesLogix services.

 

The Host SalesLogix database appears as a Remote Office database in the Administrator

 

            It’s a whole new year, full of new challenges, new opportunities, and new ways to make use of your Sage SalesLogix implementation.  Make this year your best yet, and don’t be afraid to find new information.  Remember, the only silly question is the one you don’t ask.

Register Read Guidelines Request Partner or Employee Access

What's New in 8.1

Labels