Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Copper Super Contributor

New to Tagging? Learn more about how tagging can help you quickly locate and share information

On our webcast, Introducing the Sage SalesLogix Community, we discussed tagging. It was interesting to hear that tagging was a new topic for many of you.  If you haven’t embraced tagging yet, you are missing out. Here are a couple of basic video clips that will help you understand the value of tagging and how it works:

Social Bookmarking in Plain English

Diigo V3: Highlight & Share the Web! Social Bookmarking 2.0

How can you use tagging in your organization? Here are just a few ideas:

1. Get your sales team together and identify resource sites. Tag them once, and share the tags across your team.

2. Tag your own website pages to make your products and services visible to others that search by tags. For example, tag your pages by product, industry, and issues your products and services resolve.

3. Monitor tags created by others to learn more about your consumers and competition.

I use Diigo for tagging, because I really like the ability to highlight sections of articles or web pages. What do you use for tagging? Share your preferences and how you leverage this technology in your organization. I look forward to learning some new ideas from you.

Also, to learn more about tagging in this community, review the Help.

Don’t forget to tag this article.

Copper Contributor

Re: New to Tagging? Learn more about how tagging can help you quickly locate and share information

Is it just my machine but there are large gaps in your posting as if there was supposed to be an image or something else there.  I scroll down and you have typed what looks like a header:

Social Bookmarking in Plain English

there is a large gap in the posting and lower on I see:

Diigo V3: Highlight & Share the Web! Social Bookmarking 2.0

and then another gap.  Is there something I am missing?  Inquiring minds just want to know ;-).

Thanks.

Ted

Gold Super Contributor

Re: New to Tagging? Learn more about how tagging can help you quickly locate and share information

Ted.. some U-Tume video links.. bet your corporate firewall jams this!

rjl 

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Copper Super Contributor

Just wanted to build the excitement by providing a video you can't view. Oops. Are you able to view the other community videos.  David van Toor's Welcome Video is on the right side of the community home page.  Can you view it?  If not, your environment or browser may have security restrictions.

Here are the links, so you can try them from home.

Social Bookmarking in Plain English - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x66lV7GOcNU

Diigo v3:  Highlight & Share the Web! Social Bookmarking 2.0 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RvAkTuL02A

Copper Contributor

Yes that would be it.  The idiots, oops I mean wise people in networking, decided that we should not have access to YouTube, personal email, IM or anything else possibly useful in today's social networking environment.  I guess I have to just do this at home.

Ted

Copper Super Contributor

Thank goodness you can access the community.  We feel privileged to have you here.  Also, thanks for letting us know that the site is working fine and security was the culprit. 

And, sorry you had to go through so much for these 3 minute clips.  I hope you enjoy them.

Gold Super Contributor

Ted's got a good point here. there are some "zelots" in corporate security in many corporations where links to things like twitter, facebook, utube, are just locked out.

I suggest that another format/source be used for things like video clips, etc because of this. 

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Copper Super Contributor

We will offer other formats when possible.  These videos are not created by Sage, but are great resources.