Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings

integration with outlook

Hi all,

We are currently using saleslogix 7.5.4. The problem me and my collegues have is the outlook integration- All of our planned activities in MS outlook are not integrated with saleslogix calender. So, if you plan a meeting in outlook, you have to go back and plan the same thing in SLX sothat it can be traced by our company. Does this version of SLX have this integration feature figured out?

Is there anyway that these features (outlook planning and SLX scheduling) can be integrated? I am pretty new for SLX, any help is priceless bc most of my collegues are heavy outlook users

Thanks

Silver Super Contributor

Re: integration with outlook

You need a product (from Swiftpage) called ExchangeLink - it does all this and more. Speak to your partner etc. about it. It's a server side system (like Exchange) - you don't do anything other than work normally...

Thank you Mike, do you have a rough estimate on how much it costs to have swiftpage installed in the server?

Gold Super Contributor

You mean ExchangeLink.. A Saleslogix add-on from Saleslogix..

Depends in the USA if you have Saleslogix "Premium" there is no additional license cost.

I suggest you contact your BP and he/she will be able to fill you in. If you don't know who your BP is, contact Saleslogix directly.

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Silver Contributor

[ Edited ]
Unfortunately, ExchangeLink does NOT Integrate Outlook Created Appointments, Tasks, Phone Calls......it will store an Activity Record, but doesn't populate the AccountID, ContactID, correct UserID, etc. so you have an orphaned Activity record that you can't view in SLX...... this is Bad FAD and has been around for a LONG time.....too long..... ******************************************************************************************************************************************** Confirmed: I followed the steps for ONE contact and this works. THANKS!!! What doesn't work is being in the MAIL section and creating a meeting and adding Email Address(es)
RJ Samp
Bronze Elite Contributor

Rj,

This will work if you follow my steps below (AccountID | ContactID and UserID) I managed to find this whilst playing around with Exchange Link. Please note: The Outlook Contact must be synchronised from Saleslogix to Outlook by Exchange Link.

Create your meeting in Outlook by going to Contacts, right mouse click on the SyncSalesLogix Contact and select – Create - Meeting. Enter a date/time etc and click send. The Activity will sync and link to the Contact, Account and User within SalesLogix (See attached example)

It does not work if you go to the Outlook Calendar first to create your meeting and then invite the attendee (SyncSaleslogix Contact)

Regards, Adam Travers
empath-e Services Limited
Gold Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Adam - you wrote:

"...It does not work if you go to the Outlook Calendar first to create your meeting and then invite the attendee (SyncSaleslogix Contact) ..."

Unfortunately this is the way most folks do it... and as you pointed out (and as RJS did to) it just will not wor this way.

I'm always generating meeetings via GoToMeeting.. and run into the same issue.. PITA.

It sure would be great if all of this could be solved w/the new technology due out in Saleslogix 8.1 ;-)

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Bronze Elite Contributor

Fine! I wont help you all again now then... Smiley Very Happy

Regards, Adam Travers
empath-e Services Limited
Silver Contributor

Thanks Adam, you are correct. Go to the Contact in the Outlook SyncSalesLogix group and create a meeting for this one contact. Wonderful! What we really need is 1. Create Meeting anywhere in Outlook (not just Contact), with any number of email addresses. 2. ExchangeLink reads the Meeting and goes into Create SLX Activity mode. 3. The Outlook Email Addresses that match up to the Outlook side SyncSalesLogix group are matched up to the appropriate Contact and Accounts. First one encountered is Primary ContactID, others are 1:Many Activity to Contact Attendees. 4. Any remaining Email addresses are matched up as follows: SLX User Email address from USERINFO table, create USER_ACTIVITY and USERNOTIFICATION records as appropriate. SLX Contact Email, Secondary Email, Email 3 (First one encountered is Primary ContactID, others are 1:Many Activity to Contact Attendees, see step three for possible prior Primary contact). and yes multiple matches on an email add all other matches as contacts. SLX Account Email these are 1:Many Activity to Contact Attendees SLX Lead Email. If I create an Outlook Meeting with 40 SLX user's, 100 contact's, and 10 internal employees without SLX then I need to create 1 SLX Activity with 40 User_Activity records, 110+ Activity Contact Attendees.....
RJ Samp
Silver Contributor

The inability of ExchangeLink to successfully create SLX Activities from the Outlook Calendar for ONE or more email addresses is a deal breaker. That's what the industry demands for bi-directional integration, full stop.
RJ Samp