Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted

free/busy information not showing within slx 7.5.2

Having an issue with free busy information showing with the attendee availalbility in creating  a meeting within SLX.  We recently switched to ExchangOnline(BPOS) using outlook 2007 and the free/busy works fine within outlook but not in slx.   In working with microsoft support, ports and permissions have been opened and their belief is that it should work.  I can't seem to find anything anywhere which describes how slx is getting this information other than the statement that slx uses outlook 2007 for integration and everything seems to be setup appropriately in the network (autodiscover, etc) .   Anybody able to get this working or have any ideas why it wouldn't work?

Highlighted

Re: free/busy information not showing within slx 7.5.2

Hi Michael -

Curious if you were able to resolve this issue.

-Randall

Highlighted
Gold Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

SalesLogix gets Exchange/Oitlook Free/Busy data ONLY if Advanced Outlook Integration (in the SalesLogix Admin->Tools->Options (tab)->AOI checkbox) is enabled.

Having said that... there are situations where it is NOT desirable and can produce VERY bad side effects if you do so. To understand what happens when you do this, PLEASE read the Help information on it. I'd also suggest you contact your BP and/or Sage SalesLogix Tech Support. If you search the Sage SalesLogix KB (it's a LOT better now) w/the term: AOI you will get a bunch of hits as well.

Oh yes, If your partner attended the first Partner Bootcamp in August 2009 in Scottsdale, there was a big session (w/ppt's) on all of this stuff (it was the "synch" topic I believe). 

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Highlighted

Nope,   still not working,  We had it up and running when our exhange server was in house and using outlook 2007 -  but as soon as we transitioned to MicrosoftOnline - it stopped working.  Outlook still works the same and has all access to the free-busy info -  but saleslogix can't seem to get to it.  

We have looked at all the outlook/slx integration possibilities and find the advanced outllok integration to give us the most functionality without causing some of the nasty side effects as the others do.  Email integration works fine, transfer to slx history of email and/or attachements works fine.. it is just the free busy that isn't working correctly.

To me,   if the integration is truly between outllok and slx,  not sure why the server would be providing any type of blocking.

Highlighted
Gold Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Nowhere in the Sage SalesLogix compatability documents does it say it supports "anything" MicrosoftOnline.

You are talking about a "cloud to on-premis" linkup.. 

So I'd say it sure looks like you are looking at a "feature Request" item here... not a bug.

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html