Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

What methods have people used to move data between Cloud and legacy apps?

Loose hypothetical Scenario: Legacy app on lan with MSSQL server backend.  Cloud instance of SLX.  Once a day large amounts of data must be exchanged between the two - both sending data from the lan to SLX and from SLX back to the lan.

I am curious what methods of transfer people have used, or would use in this situation. Again, very loose hypothetical - just a 'what if' kind of scenario. Thanks for playing.

Highlighted
Gold Super Contributor

Re: What methods have people used to move data between Cloud and legacy apps?

I'd use TaskCentre... Have it on the LAN and connect to the SQL Server.. and then using the new TaskCentre WebServices tool.. connect to theSData portal in the SalesLogix Cloud.

Taking this approach, you don't have to worry about the "plumbing".. just the "ETL" operations themselves.

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Scribe

KnowledgeSync

Task Centre

Inaport

Starfish ETL

Vb .Net

C# .Net

SSIS

Stored Procs\T-SQL

Depends on the need for Synchronization TEFF generation and your ability to generate ID's for new rows (SLX often can autoincrement these if you connect through the SLX OLE DB Provider, amazing how creative one can get in generating these on your own:  "AMYID0000001" is for what table class? and "aMYID0000001" would be for its Address: True or False?)

RJ Samp
Highlighted

Hi Steve,

I would recommend you check COZYROC SSIS+ library. It is a third-party extension library for SQL Server Integration Services and it includes adapters for working with the Sage SData protocol. You can use these adapters to both extract data from and write data into SalesLogix. The adapters are very easy to use and doesn't require programming skills.

Highlighted
Employee

I would recommend

• Bespoke developed .Net app with SDATA to pull/push data (if the budgets were very tight)
  • Task Centre with Web Services connector along with SDATA
  • Talend 

Regards

Kannan