Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Reply
New Member
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎07-20-2009
Accepted Solution

Version 7.2.2 - Sync Error Occured - Unable to complete request

Hi there,

 

The following problem occurs for a number of our users. They all run SLX remote client version 7.2.2 on MS Vista Business 32 Bit (with full admin rights) and Office 2007 Pro.  Advanced Outlook Integration has also been configured and sync settings are correct.  Outlook connects to the exchange server using RPC.  Incidently all users who are experiencing this problem run on HP notebooks.  I have been unable to recreate this problem on a desktop or VM.

 

When performing an Outlook calendar sync the chasing arrows run for a moment and then a dialog box is displayed saying "Sync Error Occured - Unable to complete request"

 

I would be grateful if someone could assist me in troubleshooting this?

 

Thanks

Gary Pon 

 

Tuned Listener
Posts: 4
Registered: ‎08-17-2009

Re: Version 7.2.2 - Sync Error Occured - Unable to complete request

We have tried now again and again to replicate this problem to no avail......

 

 

Need to find the root cause in Vista....

 

 

Highlighted
Silver Contributor
Posts: 1,262
Registered: ‎04-08-2009

Re: Version 7.2.2 - Sync Error Occured - Unable to complete request

Hi,

 

Can it be some data which is causing the problem?

Do I understand you correct, that this appears when the calender syncs or when you do a contact sync?

Have you tried to configure intellisync to sync only Contacts or activities, so that you can see which one is causing the problem or if it does not metter?

 

Have you tried to replicate it using the client's calender or contacts and their remote db?

 

Hope this can help you!

 

Alexander

Bronze Elite Contributor
Posts: 514
Registered: ‎03-24-2009

Re: Version 7.2.2 - Sync Error Occured - Unable to complete request

Hi Gary,

 

When you say your unable to replicate the issue, are you trying this on an HP notepad running MS Vista Business/Office 2007 Pro?

 

If its not machine specific then I would check the last record being synced before the error occurs.

 

 

1: On the machine that has this error, go to C:\Program Files\SalesLogix\Intellisync(SlxIntellisync)\user folder\ilsync.txt file.

2: Open the file and locate the last item that is trying to be sync'd.

3: Locate this record in SalesLogix or Outlook, whatever the case may be, and delete it. This may need to be done more than once as there may be more than one corrupt item.

Regards, Adam Travers
empath-e Services Limited
New Member
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎07-20-2009

Re: Version 7.2.2 - Sync Error Occured - Unable to complete request

[ Edited ]

Thanks Alexander and Adam Travers.  I did try and recreate the problem on a virtual machine but could not, nor could I determine the underlying cause of the problem.  The following solution did help though by removing UAC from the notebooks and recreating the Intellisync profile:

 

Close SalesLogix and the e-mail client
Use Windows Explorer to browse to C:\program files\saleslogix\slxintellisync (An Intellisync folder may exist as well or instead of.  If so, open this folder and go to Step 3.)
Delete the user and user.cfg folders (for example: JDoe and JDoe.cfg)
Close Windows Explorer
Select Start / Run and type in

Regedit

Go to C:\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SalesLogix
Locate the SLX_Intellisync and SLXIntellisync folders (both or one will exist)
Delete the folder(s)
Exit Regedit
Log back on to the SalesLogix Client and configure Intellisync

Message Edited by GaryP on 09-07-2009 12:55 AM