Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Astute Commentator

Sync files not being processed

My env: SLX 7.5.0.1484 on Server 2003 R2 SP2.

I have one remote user who is not getting any sync errors, but has many (~200) files in the "Infiles" folder which are being ignored by the Synchronization Server. There are no errors in the logs that I can see, but it does indicate that it sees them but is not going to process them:

9/15/2011 10:36:24 AM]      Apply process beginning...
[9/15/2011 10:36:24 AM]      Using conflict resolution scheme :
[9/15/2011 10:36:24 AM]            Remote user wins, Owner wins, Most recent change wins.
[9/15/2011 10:36:24 AM]      Importing workgroup changes...
[9/15/2011 10:36:24 AM]           Importing workgroup file 6UJ9-A0021DL.UOD5...
[9/15/2011 10:36:24 AM]      Sending remote portal deployments.
[9/15/2011 10:36:24 AM]      Getting files from: \\fs001\SyncLogs\Infiles\*.UOD5
[9/15/2011 10:36:24 AM]      Decompressing incoming files...
[9/15/2011 10:36:24 AM]      Moving file attachments...
[9/15/2011 10:36:24 AM]      Placing remote task files...
[9/15/2011 10:36:24 AM]      Sorting and sequencing files...
[9/15/2011 10:36:25 AM]      Processing 37 file(s) of the 233 available file(s) (357 transactions)

So there are 233-37=196 files that are being ignored. Any idea how to get these processed and get the data in here integrated into the main db? Thanks for any assistance.

Gold Super Contributor

Re: Sync files not being processed

Synch/Tef's are processed "in-sequence". They are base36 numbered.

If one is missing, the remote will stop processing them until it gets the missing one(s) from the main db. It does this by initiating a request to the main via synch itself. The main then pulls a copy of the requested missing tef(s) and puts them in the outfiles to be sync'd to the remote.. when the remote synch's again. This can take a LONG time depending on how often synch is run on BOTH the main and the remote. 

We typically recommend that the main db synch server(s) are set up on "auto" to run every 15 minutes.. almost 24x7. User s should synch as often as possible.. Recommending at least 3 times a day (morning, noon, end of day.. and to punch the button twice since the missing tef request will NOT be sent until the second time you do it.

You probably should look into re-cutting that user's remote db.

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Astute Commentator

RJ, thanks for the quick response. We have our sync schedule set to run hourly, weekdays 6am - 6pm. Our remote users are bad about syncing frequently - I will give them a little "nudge."

Is there any way to keep from losing the data he's entered into his remote db? Somehow manipulate the filenames or remove certain ones to get the rest to be integrated?
Gold Super Contributor

You're welcome...

Inbound synch has nothing to do w/outbound synch. If you are not seeing errors on the main synch related to that user.. then then his data is more than likely ok and in the main db.

I would suggest you up the main synch to a 15 minute schedule and run it all the time (24x7) except for:

a - When you run you FULL SQL backups - trans log backups do not interfere. We recommend a FULL recovery model and to do it once a day - every day. DO trans logs every 30 minutes.

b - When you re-index your SalesLogix db. We recommend you do it once a day right after the full backup.

--

Astute Commentator

Unfortunately, there is data in the Infiles directory which is not in the main db. (Specifically Call Logs.)
Gold Super Contributor

Which infiles?.. on the remote? If so, those are TO the remote - not FROM....

If it' s on the main, then you need to get into the archives on the remote and copy them over.

Starting to look/sound like you need some outside help.

--

Astute Commentator

Sorry for being unclear - these are the infiles on the main/server.

I recently got assigned ownership of our SLX installation and am not fully up to speed yet - if it's simple, can you point me to where the "archives on the remote" exist, and what it would mean to "copy them over"? (Is this in the documentation somewhere I can read?)
Gold Super Contributor

So you don't have an "SalesLogix background". Like all enterprise level applications, It does not take much to mess it up when you go behind the scenes. It's not unlike "hacking" behind the scene on an ERP system.

There's no documentation for this specifically. You get to know about all of this when you take Sage SalesLogix Admin training. There are classes available at www.sageu.com -

Any reason you just don't contact your SalesLogix BP for some help? It's something we all (BP's) do on a regular basis. We have the training/certification/experience of many years of working with many SalesLogix installations. It's what folks like you pays us to do ;-)

--

Astute Commentator

Thanks - I will do that.
Astute Commentator

Well, as it turns out, we have no support contract. Our BP says they can't help. My manager is not thrilled about spending extra $ for support, especially if there's a good chance Sage won't be able to fix the problem. Any other suggestions besides suck it up and cut a new DB?