Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings

Saleslogix Integrated to MAS 500, How Sync works?

Hi,

I'm a newbie in SLX world. I have been working on MAS 500 for a while, I'm testing Sales Logix 7.5.3 LAN version. I already installed the ERPLink to integrate SLX to MAS 500, now I can see the Customers (Accounts)  in SLX also, I can see the Contacts and Addresses I have a couple of questions:

If I add a new Account in SLX, does it get automatically replicated on MAS 500?

If I modify an Address in SLX, is the change visible in MAS 500?

If I create a Quote of an Opportunity in SLX, can I have it go directly to MAS 500 as a Sales Order?

Thanks,

Hugo

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Saleslogix Integrated to MAS 500, How Sync works?

Hey Hugo,

I am not as familiar with ERPLink as I am currently using KnowledgeSync (but have researched ERPLink as an alternative solution) so I think I can answer some of your questions (hopefully others on here can help too with more specifics).

Set up correctly, ERPLink should have seemless integration capability between SLX and MAS500 so that, whether an account or address is modified or created in either system, that information is integrated into the other.

Same goes with creating a quote in SLX, ERPLink will allow for integration to MAS500 to become a Sales Order.

Here is a datasheet on ERPLink for you to look over: http://www.brainsell.net/downloads/pdf/sage_saleslogix_erplink_datasheet.pdf

My suggestion to you is to contact your Sage Business Partner (if you have one) or Sage directly (phone number on the datasheet) and they should be more than able to identify what you are required to do in order to get the functionality you are after.

I hope I was able to help you out somewhat with this.

Gold Super Contributor

One BIG catch.. Only supports a "single company".. not multiples. 

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Nickel Super Contributor

Thanks for the catch RJ, since we are one single company, it didn't cross my mind.

Thanks for the update!

Copper Contributor

Hugo,

Here is some additional information about ERP Link:

If I add a new Account in SLX, does it get automatically replicated on MAS 500?

ERP Link users can promote new Accounts from SalesLogix to MAS 500 and set either SLX or MAS to be the master. After the Account is promoted to MAS, changes in the master will be automatically synced between the systems. Additionally, users can refresh Account data from within SalesLogix to ensure they have the latest info from MAS as needed.

If I modify an Address in SLX, is the change visible in MAS 500?

ERP Link supports setting SalesLogix or MAS 500 as the master for linked Accounts, Contacts, and Addresses. This setting controls which system will update the record in the other. So, if SalesLogix is set as the master, then yes, the changes will be visible in MAS 500.

If I create a Quote of an Opportunity in SLX, can I have it go directly to MAS 500 as a Sales Order?

ERP Link supports creating an ERP Sales Order in SalesLogix that may then be Posted to MAS 500. After the ERP Sales Order is posted to MAS 500 it becomes readonly in SalesLogix and updates to it made in MAS 500 will be visible in SalesLogix.

I hope this helps.

---Scott

Copper Contributor

I currently have it running with multiple companies.  You have to make sure that you have the service pack applied in order for it to do it cleanly.  For the basic functionality that the customer is looking for it appears to be functioning correctly.