Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Copper Elite Contributor

SalesLogix Address Book as the default in Outlook not sticking

A new 7.5.2 lan site is having issues that the SalesLogix Address Book is not staying as the default address book in Outlook.

It is consistently happening for multiple users - but does not seem to be one reproducaeble process.

Sounds a bit like this issue in the 7.0 SP2 Known Issues guide - except opening Outlook before SLX does not always resolve for us:

1‑42985

Setting up the SalesLogix Address Book as the default in MS Outlook does not hold if Outlook is opened after SalesLogix (and automatically log into email is enabled). Workaround: Start Outlook before SalesLogix.

Has anyone had this issue? Or can anyone advise if the above defect was resolved?

Could it be Cached Exchanhe Mode causing the issue - that's the first thing I'll check when back in the office.

Thanks,

Simon Watson

Silver Contributor

Re: SalesLogix Address Book as the default in Outlook not sticking

Hi,

I think I have heard that the Exchange Chache modus can make strange things happen.

I am not sure if this is the case here but I would check first.

Does every user have this enabled?

Can you see a difference between those who have the issue and those who do not have it?

Perhaps ad-permissions ...

Alexander