Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Copper Contributor

SLX Web with AD and ISA

[ Edited ]

I have a client would like to use ISA in conjunction with AD on the 7.5 web. Has anyone done this? Any problems or special considerations? Also, is there any documentation or advice about setting up SLX web with SSL and exposing it to users outside the firewall in a secure fashion?

Message Edited by SteveK on 05-18-2009 12:58 PM
Highlighted
Employee

Re: SLX Web with AD and ISA

Are you referring to ISA(Integrated Service Alerts? In context with use of SSL, I had an old document for saleslogix not sure if this would help you anyways i have attached it.

Regards

Kannan

Copper Contributor

Actually referring to Internet Security and Acceleration Server.  Is setting up an SLX website any different than setting up another IIS website to use this Windows firewall/proxy server? Thanks
Gold Super Contributor

There should be no particular reason to think it's different. The ISA server is just a "substitute" for a "hard firewall" device.  
--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Tuned Listener

Hello~  Just keep in mind that at the current moment, Intellisync is not supported under SSL.  This is supposed to be changed in SP2.

Strangely enough using the ISA client with SalesLogix the client hangs for several minutes before eventually opening.  In some instances we have had users experience problems where the client will never open.  This has occured in remote sync users as well as users installed as desktop clients. 

Any thoughts on what could be causing the application to hang at the "Initialization - Creating Data Access" stage of client launch?

Anyone?  Any help would be appreciated.
Nickel Super Contributor

Hey jshlie,

While I do not have the cause of the hang up, I have experienced the same sort thing.  My company runs v7.5.1 with LAN, Remote, and Web clients and we would get hang ups one a week at the same point as you described, there or when program would initialize the environment.

What we found was that the hang was coming from our web server for SLX Web so we scheduled a daily 3am IISreset and we have not experienced the hang up since.

Some folks think that the daily IISreset is excessive but my ICT department doesn't have an issue with it, nor does my business partner, and whatever the hang up is has not been an issue since.

Hope this helps!

-Dennis 

So, this same issue would happen with remote sync clients for you as well and rebooting the web server would clear the problem?  Or was this just with the web based clients?  Are your users also running the Microsoft ISA client?
Nickel Super Contributor

we would normally see this issue on LAN and web clients.  Remotes I found were immune to the hang ups of the other two simply because they have a local copy of the DB on their PC and only need to talk to the server during syncs.

As for the ISA client, my users are not currently running that.  We access our SLX web through asp (could be wrong) and we have a hardware device that is our firewall that we port forward through.

I'm not a computer tech person so my explanation may suck.  I am relaying the information from speaking to my IT staff and my BP