Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Copper Elite Contributor

SLX Web 7.5 - Garbage Disposal For Entities

Hi,

I created an import tool for accounts/contacts. When the import begins, it runs quite fast, but as it progresses, it gets slower and slower.

Does SLX Web implement its own garbage disposal, or is there something I have to do to free the memory that the entity object is using once I've saved it into the DB?

Thanks!

~ Henry

Highlighted
Employee

Re: SLX Web 7.5 - Garbage Disposal For Entities

depends if you have coded your import tool with relevant methods such as set recordset = Nothing once you go out of the scope of the procedure. Declare local recordset variables and release them once they exit the function/procedure point.

Regards

Kannan

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Re: SLX Web 7.5 - Garbage Disposal For Entities

If you are using NHibernate to do the import they are going to get saved into the session and just stay there, at least until the page is unloaded.  I think maybe some calls to EntityFactory.EvictAll() will help keep it low... but you will have to make sure that your stuff still saves! That is what I had to do when using NHibernate before (in a custom application - not through Saleslogix).

I have to ask - if you implemented it on the web client, did you run into timeout issues?  I think the processing time is limited to something like 1.5 minute by default and curious to find out how you got around that.