Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

SLX 7.5 and MAS 200

On a terminal server when we upgrade slx client to 7.5.1 MAS200 loses it's pointer to crystal 10 and reports won't run.  What's a proper config to get MAS200 reports running again on crystal 10, although the 7.5 install includes the crystal 11 viewer?  Anyone have thoguhts?

Thanks

Todd

Re: SLX 7.5 and MAS 200

We run MAS500/Crystal 10 and SLX 7.2.2/Crystal 11 and Crystal doesn't work in both.  We have resorted to picking which app the user needs the most and running the other one via Citrix.
Employee

You stated it worked and then you upgraded your version of SalesLogix.  Even though it was upgraded after the MAS install, try reinstalling in this order to see if it works.

Reinstall MAS 200 and its version of Crystal

Reinstall SalesLogix 7.5.1 and its version of Crystal 

Loretta Carroll
QA Engineer

Just circling back we resolved our issue by installing in order of operations so that MAS crystal would work on the enviornment, but SLX does not.  The user group does not use crystal with Saleslogix.

We installed SLX 7.5.1 then re-installed MAS so the older version of crystal defaults on the server environment.

I will raise my hand for a vote to make MAS and Saleslogix compatible for reporting in both systems on a single server!

Todd

This is essentially what I was saying with my pervious response but didn't say it clearly.  We were able to easily get MAS200 or SLX 7.2.2 working based on the last one installed.  We could never get both working at the same time.  Now that we're on MAS500 it's a bit better but there are still reports in SLX or MAS that only work if that system was the last installed.  It really boils down to Crystal is horrible but there is nothing to replace it with.  Sage should protect itself from Crystals badness by syncing the version they use across their products.