12-12-2012 10:40 AM
I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions regarding placing sales orders within SSL and then sync the sales order with MAS 200.At present, we place all of our orders from within MAS. We'd rather place orders within SSL so that we can associate orders with opportunities in SSL.
There's a tab in opportunities titled "Sales Orders". We have not used this before. Is this the feature that most people use to place orders?
12-12-2012 11:42 AM - edited 12-12-2012 11:45 AM
It gets a bit more involved.. you ned to "integrate" MAS and SalesLogix - something we specialize in.. ;-)
.. and yes, the SO part (under Opportunity) is a key piece. Product pricing (from MAS) needs to be integrated as the master source of the product data, etc as well.. you need to synch up your customer/vendor records...
There are several possibilities on how this may be done. You need to do your homework before you choose a solution.
12-12-2012 12:44 PM
Thank you for the information. I was assuming we'd need to purchase some sort of integration software--something similar to ERP link. However, after reading your comments, I can see it may be more complicated than that.
I'm not so sure that the sales order feature will be very beneficial for us. Maybe it's just our version of SSL, but I don't see any way for our sales reps to record payment information or other details using the sales order feature.
I'll research more into this. Thank you,
12-12-2012 01:06 PM - edited 12-12-2012 01:07 PM
@Tyler - If you would liek to have a discussion about the "ins-and-outs".. feel free to give me a shout/call.
03-29-2013 06:55 AM
We've created an entire solution (saleslogix bundle) to do exactly this. In one system we have 20+ remote reps (running saleslogix remotes so they can work disconnected). Currently about 200 orders per day sync from the field and they promise next day delivery if the rep places the order before 5:00pm so the process has to be responsive and reliable. They're a distributor with a multi vendor catalog with over 12,000 skus. The system support all the pricing and sale and product line/customer specific discounts setup up in MAS. Remote sales reps also are able to access all sales history for a customer, order from previous purchases, check inventory, change drop ship locations, see credit hold and A/R details. The can also see all this detail on their iPhones via the SLX Mobile 2.0 client.
Our approach is as follows:
- Customized SalesOrder screens in SLX for rapid ordering.
- Salesorders sync to the main office using normal SalesLogix Sync (users with Wi-Fi and Cell data are synching in background, other users sync manually when they know their connected).
- Synch'd salesorders are dumped to a .csv and a custom VI job is launched to bring the order into MAS as a quote.
- Internal Order desk staff get's Knowledge Sync alert every 10 minutes if a new quote arrives.
- Quote is changed to Standard order in MAS and processed as normal. (They wanted each order confirmed by inside order desk staff to verify that all those important things like available stock, credit limits, A/R details, Customer memos, etc before allowing the order to go thorugh).
- The process which dumps the SLX orders to the .CSV also check previously synch'd orders to update SalesLogix when they've been confirmed received by MAS and then again when they've been invoiced.
That's basically it, but the process has been refined over the years to provide the most optimum performance possible. Basically when a rep syncs from the field the order shows in MAS 200 within 3-4 mintues.