Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Tuned Listener

Posting Sales Orders from SalesLogix 7.5.2 into MAS 500 7.3 feb 2010

I have a customer that is using SAGE ERP Link to integrate SalesLogix to MAS 500.   The customer creates SLX Sales Orders and posts those ERP Sales Orders to MAS 500. 

On occasion in there is the need to change  the MAS 500 Salesperson, when the ERP accounting link is refreshed, the SLX Account Manager is updated. 

The below was taken from step 21 of the implementation guide:

“The salesperson code comes from the template used to create a customer link. The salesperson field

from that template is used when creating a sales order. For sales orders to post correctly in Sage

MAS (post to the correct salesperson), each user must load their own accounts from Sage MAS into

Sage SalesLogix. If the Admin loads accounts, the default template will be assigned to those accounts

and the sales order will not post to the correct salesperson.”

Here is the issue, when the Sales person is changed in 500  the Account Manager is changed in SLX, to a new saleperson good to go, until the new salesperson tries to post an ERP Sales Order.   The salesperson that is posted in MAS 500 is from the customer template used in the original Account Load.

This working as designed but how  are others handling posting of Sales Orders from SLX to 500 when there is a change in Salesperson/Account Manager?

Thanks much mark

Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Posting Sales Orders from SalesLogix 7.5.2 into MAS 500 7.3 feb 2010

Traditionally the account owner does not determine the SalesPerson.
Tuned Listener

Re: Posting Sales Orders from SalesLogix 7.5.2 into MAS 500 7.3 feb 2010

Thanks Mark,

I do not totally disagree but with a customer that post sales order from SLX to MAS500, how are changes in salesperson handled due to promotions, firings, increases in staff.

Thanks again,

mark hallberg