Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
New Member ram

Launching Sage MAS 500 Enter SalesOrder/Quote screen from a saleslogix screen

Hello.

I have a small problem and am not sure how to proceed. Here is what I am trying to achieve.

For each opportunity in saleslogix...my client wanted me to provide a button on the opportunity detail screen which would let him create an open quote in mas 500 (just the header - no lines), then open the mas 500 enter sales order/quote screen and load that order that was just created so his employees could go ahead and enter lines on the mas 500 screen.

Now, I am able to create the quote header thru the backend with sql code...no issues there. I am even able to launch the mas 500 screen and load the quote i just created from inside saleslogix. Here is the kink....If I create an object called sota.objectmanager, which is how objects in mas500 are created...and then call the mas500 enter sales order/quote screen, i am able to launch it, but the moment the routine that lunches the screen ends, the screen closes immediately. I have tried many things, but I just cant keep the screen open. I called MAS 500 support but the programmer there tried it and had the same issue...he didnt have a resolution.

That being said...this client has Sage ERP Link. This functionality is kinda available thru ERP Link using the dll that got installed when ERP Link was installed. In the ERP Data tab, there is a sub tab called sales orders…which display the sales orders for that given customer. When you right click on a given sales order, an option to view edit the sales order opens up. And on selecting that option, the MAS 500 sales order/quote entry screen opens up and displays that specific sales order. And the screen doesnt shut down. I tried to see how the function is being called...but its all compiled...I cant see anything.

Can anyone please tell me how to call that view using the sage erp link dll...and pass the quote number as a parameter.

Please let me know if I was not clear on my problem description and if you need some clarification

Apprecite the guidance and thanks in advance.

Thank you

Ram

305 556 4697

Copper Contributor

Re: Launching Sage MAS 500 Enter SalesOrder/Quote screen from a saleslogix screen

Did you get this resolved?  Can you post the script you are using to launch MAS 500?

---
Chris Reich
www.customerconnected.com
Highlighted
Employee

Re: Launching Sage MAS 500 Enter SalesOrder/Quote screen from a saleslogix screen

This functionality has been added to the SP1 Release