Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Intellisync with SSL and Windows Authentication?

I'm getting my v7.5 environment set up (upgraded from 7.0.1) and we're going with a mix of Network and Web clients.  Our experience with Intellisync and v7.0.1 was troublesome, but so far the new version of Intellisync with v7.5 seems a little better.

One issue I'm running into, I want to be able to use SSL to protect all of my SLX-related traffic on my web/app server, and use Windows authentication for everyone, so I've combined all the SLX sites onto the "Default Web Site" in IIS and enabled SSL and Windows Authentication.  It's working ok on the Web Client (SlxClient child site) but I can't get Intellisync to connect when SSL is enabled.  Disabling SSL for my SlxIntellisync child site seems to correct the issue.

Even with SSL turned on, I can connect to the https://[servername].com/slxintellisync/default.aspx page and download the zip file, but the local app cannot connect to the server when using https://[servername].com/slxintellisync/default.aspx as the "Connection URL" in the client app.  Again, if I disable SSL for my child site and use http://[servername].com/slxintellisync/default.aspx as the "Connection URL" and my SalesLogix (not Windows) user credentials, the local Intellisync app can connect successfully.

Is what I'm trying to do possible?  I admit to being new to the web environment, I've spent most of my time in a purely networked environment in the past with no web components.

Re: Intellisync with SSL and Windows Authentication?

Got an answer from Sage today on this question.  This is apparently a known defect with Intellisync, it does not work with SSL.

I'll be pursuing Exchange Link again.  Fingers crossed!

Bronze Super Contributor

Thank you for the follow up. The community benefits from "closed threads".

Did Sage give you an idea on when the defect will be resolved? It will be easier to get IT buy in and to minimize our exposure if 100% of the product can be secured with SSL.
Timmus Agersea
Black Moth CRM

No, no indication of a timeframe on a fix.  They mentioned that it is known defect 1-68006.

I agree, I'm with an insurance carrier and we're very sensitive to state regulations about protecting the privacy of our client's information, so being able to wrap some security around this information is critical for us. 

Nickel Elite Contributor

I believe this will be fixed shortly with a Hotfix

Mark

This will be fixed in a 7.5.1 Hotfix and 7.5.2

John Perona

Director, Infor CRM Development

Infor CRM

Infor CRM

Nickel Contributor

Any word when this hotfix will be available for 7.5.1?  I spoke with Technical Support and they are not aware of a hotfix.  Just that it will be corrected in SP2.

Hi Jeff,

Defect 1-71442 addresses the issue and will be a part of 7.5.1 HF3.

Tim

Bronze Super Contributor

HF3 is out, but my WinRAR says: Error Unexpected end of archive.

http://download.saleslogix.com/supportonline/slx_v751_hf3.zip
---------------------------
Ambit AG, Switzerland
Bronze Super Contributor

Update: Download works now.
---------------------------
Ambit AG, Switzerland