Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings

IntelliSync SyncObjectProjectS ync Error Occurred - Unable to complete request.!

One of our customers users is getting this SalesLogix Intellisync message when logging into SalesLogix Network Client:

SyncObjectProject
Sync Error Occurred - Unable to complete request.!

They are using SalesLogix v7.2.2 and are synchronising with Microsoft Outlook.

On a previous occasion we have uninstalled and then reinstalled IntelliSync but after a period of time the error has reoccurred.

Any ideas on what the cause of this problem is and how it can be solved?

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: IntelliSync SyncObjectProjectS ync Error Occurred - Unable to complete request.!

I’ve seen this error many times in the past in the earlier version of IntelliSync -  And like you, the only way I could ever resolve it was to delete and recreate the users IntelliSync settings. You could take a look at the IntelliSync log file next time it occurs to see if the issue is data related?

Not that this helps.. But I have never come across this error in the new version of IntelliSync supplied with v7.5+

Regards, Adam Travers
empath-e Services Limited

Re: IntelliSync SyncObjectProjectS ync Error Occurred - Unable to complete request.!

Thanks for your comments. I have in the past checked the sync logs as well but still unable to resolve at that time. However, this time I found out it was because the user upgraded from Office 2007 to Office 2010. When configuring IntelliSync for v7.2.x you cannot even browse for the Outlook folders when using Office 2010. So I think Intellisync for SalesLogix v7.2.x is not compatible for Office 2010 and Office 2010 is not listed on the SalesLogix Compatability Checklist.

Gold Super Contributor

Correct on the Not Supported when it comes to ALL Office 2010 apps.. - all bets are off!

The last news I heard on Office 2010 was there would be a Hot Fix to 7.5.3 to support it. SO if the client wants 2010 support - Upgrade Time.

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html

Yes. I agree. They will need to upgrade or would using Exchange Link, if they have Exchange Server, be an option?

Bronze Elite Contributor

Exchange link is an option (a better one) providing they are on a supported version of Exchange? However, If they have remote users they are not supported with Exchange Link, they will need to use IntelliSync.

Regards, Adam Travers
empath-e Services Limited
Gold Super Contributor

W/remotes.. not really not supported.. it's just that all data has to synch back and forth between the remote SalesLogix db (user/and/or offices) before it shows up on the "Exchange side".

I used it that way for 6 months myself.. and finally tossed it out... 

--

Thanks Rj for the information. This is helpful. Looks like the best option in this case will be for the customer to stay or Office 2007 or wait until Intellisync and SalesLogix support Office 2010 and then upgrade.

Highlighted
Gold Super Contributor

No Problem! Glad to be of help.

--