Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Nickel Super Contributor

Integration to Hosted VOIP

We have a customer wanting to shift to an externally hosted VOIP phone system that can integrate to SLX. Of course, QGate's CTI is necessary, but we're having problems finding hosted voip solutions that are capable. 

Anybody have experience to offer?

Jerry Norman
Highlighted

Re: Integration to Hosted VOIP

My previous employer has the integration working with Cisco hosted VOIP. The VOIP provider is M5 Networks in NYC. I tested their driver with SLX 7 about 3 years ago, at the time the driver they provided was very buggy, I could only dial it from SLX record once before it crashed and I had to reboot the computer. But I hear they improved the driver and outbound calls when click-dialed from SLX have worked very well. In-bound caller screen pop still does not work though. That's still pretty good I think.

Highlighted
Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Integration to Hosted VOIP

As part of my original research, I talked to Dale Rolley of QGate. the hosted VOIP is a bit different than if you have your own server.  SLX, through Intelli-CTI, is compatible with hosted systems built on the Broadworks platform. (Broadworks gets its compatibility through Mondago technology; turns out TAPI is pretty much not relevant.)  However, Broadworks won't publicize which hosted services use their platform, so finding compatible services is a pain. 

I did find that SimpleSignal is compatible.

Jerry Norman