Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Astute Commentator

Exchange Link v8.0.0.1085 errors with service

Exchange Link v8.0.0.1085 error

This version of Exchangelink worked fine for several months. Users reported activities not being synced and I looked at Exchangelink. I am manually run the individual links in Exchangelink as much as I want. However when we turn on the service it will only run about 20 users before failing all the remaining users. Every time I restart the service or the computer it will only run about 20 different users without failing then it will fail for every user until the service is stopped. I have copied the 3 errors we are seeing for each user below. If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated.

/9/2012 08:00:03:675      Cusack, Patricia Activities:            [Failure]               TActivitySyncRun ExchangeManageStore.OpenMsgStore(/o=Amedisys/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Configuration/cn=Servers/cn=casArray1.amedisys.com) failed: MAPI_E_FAILONEPROVIDER

2/9/2012 08:00:03:675    Cusack, Patricia Activities:            [Failure]               GetLastError: Error: The information store could not be opened.

Component: MAPI 1.0

2/9/2012 08:00:03:675    Cusack, Patricia Activities:            [Failure]               Cusack, Patricia Activities: could not open target Exchange folder Mailboxes\Patricia Cusack\<Calendar> 

Highlighted
Astute Commentator

Re: Exchange Link v8.0.0.1085 errors with service

We figured this out. the answer was in a knowledgebase article, so now I just feel silly.

"GetLastError: Error: The information store could not be opened" error in Exchange Link after upgrad.... once we modified the thresholds it worked like a charm again.

I do not have access to the page.

I need more details on this error.

We are currently havin the same issue.

I would also like more information about the symptoms you were seeing as you were getting this error, and the details about how you resolved it. Which thresholds did you modify, and to what new settings, etc?

Thanks!
Nickel Contributor

I just wanted to post an update for the benefit of others who may read this forum post considering I have spent hours trying to figure this issue out.

The article hyperlinked above refers to the fact that Exchange 2010 has Throttling policies enabled by default and the workaround is to remove the throttling policy for the ExchangeLink user.

I haven't found a way to remove a throttling policy however I have found a way you can create a new one specifically for the ExchangeLink user......that is not so limiting as the default policy.

Disclaimer: I'm not an exchange expert.....these are commands I've been given by someone else.....so please try these at your own risk. Ideally get an Exchange Admin to do these.

Create your new policy:

New-ThrottlingPolicy –Name Exchangelink

Set the policy association

Set-ThrottlingPolicyAssociation –Identity <ExchangeLink username> -DomainController <FQDN>  -ThrottlingPolicy <exchangelink>

Set the new values for the policy:

Set-ThrottlingPolicy –Identity ExchangeLink –IMAPMaxConcurrency $null  –IMAPPercentTimeInAD 100 –IMAPPercentTimeInCAS 100 –IMAPPercentTimeInMailboxRPC 100 –MessageRateLimit $null

Push changes to the domain controllers

Restart the exchangelink service.

I don’t think I needed all of those settings but I put them in for good measure. I am pretty sure it was %timeinCAS that was needed. The values of 100 mean that in a 60 second window the user is able to utilize all 60 seconds of time (100% usage capability)

Its a pity that Sage does not list this anywhere in the ExchangeLink documentation. It's thanks to this forum post that I found this Sage KnowledgeBase article and then recalled that I had implemented these settings for another customer in the past. I thought I'd post my findings for the benefit of the community.

Thanks!

Anosh

Tuned Listener

Hi JP,

what exactly did you do regarding that KB article:

Cause:

The Client Throttling policy was added with Exchange 2010 and is used to limit a users mail store access for a set amount of time.

Solution:

Remove the Client Throttling Policy from the user running the Exchange Link service. For more information, see Microsoft.

It doesn't indicate which policies to modify and how to modify them. Can you elucidate please, on what you did?

Thanks

Gold Super Contributor

Thanks to Mike Spragg for pointing out this posting to me last evening!

However, we have run into a rather puzzling situation.. after we did this, we still are experiencing an unusual problem..

Scenario:

New Exchange 2010 server setup

Old Exchange 2007 server still operational

Exchange 2010 configured to serve as a "front end" to the "old" 2007 during the migration process.

Made changes (per Anosh's post) and re-pointed EL to the 2010 server to allow a "reach-thru" to the 2007 based mailboxes not yet migrated.

ALL EL Links are disabled except for a test case - just doing Contacts... one way - To Exchange

Running the "link" manually the contacts synch fine

Putting EL in "Service mode" - Zip.. nada.. nothing... the EL "db" files are created but NO DATA is transferred

.. Any Ideas??.. Mike?.. Anosh?

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Gold Super Contributor

Well.. it "fixed itself" overnite.. 

Seems there was something happening in the "cache world" that wwas impacting all of this and all the links are running just fine (under service).

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html