Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Exchange Link v8.0.0.1072 - Could not connect to the Exchange server

Hi guys,

I installed EL 8.0.0.1072 and MAPI 6.5.8244. I configured Exchange connection, but the verification keeps failing with a message:

Could not connect to the Exchange server

IMAPISessionSession:Smiley SurprisedpenMsgStore(primary mailbox) returned MAPI_E_FAILONEPROVIDER

This is Exchange 2010 and the user account has a mailbox on it as well as full access to other mailboxes.

Any idea?

Thanks

Zoran

Re: Exchange Link v8.0.0.1072 - Could not connect to the Exchange server

[ Edited ]

I found a way how to tell MAPI to ignore missing public folders. This basically "fixes" SalesLogix's Exchange Link and everything works fine. These steps are required for any MAPI based application that connects to an MS Exchange server without public folders.

1. On each computer that hosts the BlackBerry Enterprise Server (this is the server with MAPI CDO installed on it and in my case running Exchange Link), click Start > Run.
  2. In the Open field, type regedit.
  3. Click OK.
  4. Perform one of the following actions:
    • If you are running a 32-bit version of Windows®, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Messaging Subsystem\CDO.
    • If you are running a 64-bit version of Windows, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows Messaging Subsystem.

5. If the CDO registry key does not exist, create a registry key that you name CDO.
  6. In the CDO registry key, if the DWORD value does not exist, create a DWORD value that you name Ignore No PF.
  7. Change the DWORD value to 1.
  8. Click OK.

Configure the BlackBerry Enterprise Server to run without public folders