Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Tuned Listener
Accepted Solution

Exchange Link and Public Folders

Hi,

We have a client who would like to synchronize SalesLogix Contacts with an Exchange Public Folders.

Of what I've read, it does not seems possible with "Exchange link". Has anyone ever attempted something like this ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Silver Super Contributor

Re: Exchange Link and Public Folders

Yes, you can sync to public folders. However, my advice is not to. The reason is that PF's will be deprecated in a future version of Exchange anyway. But, you just pull up the container (already created) in EL for the PF\folder you want to put them into. You could then have a "global" set of addresses in a PF\{Contacts} container for example.
Tuned Listener

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

I just want to clarify the need: 

Our client has about 50 SLX users, but a few hundreds employees. They want every employee to have access to the SLX Contacts. So, they would create an Exchange Public folder that could be called [SLX Contacts]  and we would configure 1 contact link in EL to Sync this folder for an SLX User that has access to all SLX contacts (Note that all contacts in SLX are assigned to "Everyone").

So, if I understand correctly, what you are saying is that it would work with the actual release of EL (8.0 HF8), but not necessary for future releases of EL ?

Thanks again.

Claude.

Silver Super Contributor

Yes, that would work - but, by definition, it may not work in subsequent versions - *if* Microsoft carry through their intent of removing public folders from the store. They've been trying for a while to get rid of PF's !
Tuned Listener

Oh!

I thought it was Sage that wanted to stop the support for PF.... It didn't even cross my mind that it was Microsoft who wanted to remove it from Exchange.....

Thanks again for the info.

Silver Super Contributor

Yup! Not Sage this time but MS - as PF's don't fit the way they want to take Exchange.
Gold Super Contributor

We have been working w/a third party IT group that supports one of our customers. They are in the process of migrating the customer to Exchange2010.. and as part of that,  the issue of public folders popped up.. (we're not using them w/EL at this site ;-)

It seems the customer is using PF's and you have to "allow it" when you setup Exchange 2010 - it's not an Exchange "default".

As Mike posted.. MS wants to make PF's "go away"..  Zip to do w/EL.

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html