Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Champion Listener

Exchange Link Opinions

We have a client that is having issues with 7.5.1 and Intellisync.

Is Exchange Link any more reliable?

Any issues to be aware of?

Thanks,

Randy Torok

Harris Technology

randy.torok@harris-tech.com

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Exchange Link Opinions

From my experience it definitely is! The only downside is if your client has remote users..

Regards, Adam Travers
empath-e Services Limited
Gold Super Contributor

I'd suggest you ask Melissa for a copy of the Boot Camp documents/ppt's on Intellisync/EL, BB calendar. There's a lot of good info in them. Especially the "workflow". It's important to understand how this works and how they can (or should not) interact.

As was pointed out, using EL w/remotes is something to be avoided - unless the customer understands just what the delays mean and can live with them.. I'm not talking about what IT folks can live with.. I'm talking about the actual SalesLogix end users.

Make sure you download the latest (SP3) EL.. and it is not tested/certified w/Exchange 2010. Got to wait for 7.5.3 for that... and that is a "little" ways off. 

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Nickel Super Contributor

Yeah thats the problem I am facing right now myself.  I have remote users and a good majority of them would benefit greatly from ExchangeLink. 

I think my only way to give my users the functionality of EL is to take them off remote and migrate them to the web.

Gold Super Contributor

EL does not care if users are Local Windows LAN, Remote or web.

It has to do with the (delay in) data getting back to Outlook from the Exchange Server.

If the users have a net connection (via VPN, etc) that lets them hookup to their Exchange server when outlook is open, they should not see any more delay than a LAN user. 

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Nickel Super Contributor

Thanks RJ for that!  I always a little unclear about that but you now made that clear.

My remote users do use VPN so I am pumped to get my EL up and running again (we had issues 18 months ago with bugs and shut it off but we want to bring it back in the next couple weeks).

Highlighted
Tuned Listener

Hi,

We're using SLx 7.5 and EL 8.0, and are having issues with some contacts not syncing to BB wirelessly.  Some contacts do not make it to BB, and the sync service needs restarted on BB to fix the issue.  If the user has the wired BB sync, or the contacts are manually entered in Outlook, everything seems OK.  We run into issues if the user has EL AND the wireless BB sync.  Does anybody have the similar setup without any issues?

Thanks,

Hideki Sugiyama

We are also using SLX 7.5 and EL 8.0.0.1043 and am having issues with some contacts not syncing to BB wirelessly.  I have to restart the EL service and the issue corrects itself for a while.  I'll soon get a call that some people are not syncing, restart the service or delete the user's entry in the Contacts sync list reenter the user and restart the service.

I cannot fins a solution to this.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Joseph

Tuned Listener

I am having dificulty with Exhange 8.0

I have attempted to link a custom Phone field to Business 2, but it does not look like the mapping works on this field.  I have tested with other Exchange fields with success.  But I cannot get the value of Business 2 to sync either way.

The log shows that the changes are made and looks like they are synced accross, but no changes are ever made on either side. 

Is this a known issue?  I have looked to see if there was any documentation on this but found nothing

Has anyone found an answer for messages 7 and 8?  We are having the same problem.  EL version 8.0.0.1038, Exchange 2007 sp3 , and BES version 4.1 something. 

Contacts created in SLX sync to Outlook, but not from there to BB (using BES).  Contacts created in Outlook sync to BB.  If I copy and past the SLX record in Outlook after it has been synced, it will sync to the BB.  I am checking with my BP to make sure I have all the hot fixes.

Thanks.