Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Tuned Listener

ERP SP1 Load Refresh products slow Two Database Same instance

I have recently upgraded a customer from SLX 7.2.2 to 7.5.2.  They use MAS 500 7.3 with ERP SP1 link. Moved them to a new server at the same time.  Still running SQL Server 2005 but now on Windows 2008 64 bit.  Old server was 2003 sp2 for the OS.

The new server has twice the processors and 4 times the RAM.   the load and refresh accounts and products are much slower.    Query that would run 2 hours now runs for 20. 

I think the issues has been isolated to pulling data across two databases in the same instance.   If I create a select query in SQL Management Studio pulling from both databases (same instance) the behavior is reproduced but if I import the MAS Item tables into SLX and run the exact same query pulling from those tables, the query completes in about 2 seconds. 

The same is true if I import SLX tables into shared database with MAS 500 tables.  I only get latency when trying to pull from the two separate databases, (MAS500 and SLX)

Anybody else had this one?

mark