Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Copper Super Contributor

Does Intellisync sync Events?

I have an end user who is doing a two way sync between SLX and Outlook.  It is not syncing his events only appointments/meetings.  Are Outlook Events handled differently?  I looked through the settings and saw no settings for 'events.'  Anyone else run into this?

We are on version 7.5 SP2.

Any hot fixes for this assuming it is supposed to work.

Thanks. 

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Does Intellisync sync Events?

Hi,

I have just tested this on my v7.5 SP2 environment and Events are synchronising fine.. However, Events from Outlook to SalesLogix get added to Saleslogix as a timeless meetings and not as a SalesLogix Event.

Have you checked if this issue user specific? Also, what version of Outlook is the user running?

Regards, Adam Travers
empath-e Services Limited
Nickel Elite Contributor

Events are synchronized and Adam is correct with the processing. If an event is sourced from SalesLogix it is added as a event to Outlook and managed as the SalesLogix event. If it is created initially in outlook it is done as a timeless activity. The reason is that outlook does not distinguish between the 2 groups events and appointments differently when it comes to the underlying data. Also, from a data standpoint events in outlook carry much more data then that supported in SLX event model and if intellisync provides data to saleslogix and does not get it back in future sync's it would wipe it out.

Mark

Copper Super Contributor

User is running Outlook 2007.  They simply do not sync.  The event does not show up on the users 'day view.'  Perhaps we are not looking at the timeless events. 

Bronze Elite Contributor

Have you checked if the issue is isolated to this user?
Regards, Adam Travers
empath-e Services Limited
Highlighted
Nickel Elite Contributor

There seems to be something wrong here. I would suspect engage support and they will as you to provide logs (Intellisync logs from the client and server) to determine if the records are being synced at all.

Mark