Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Copper Contributor

CTI support

CTI is an area I'm new to, can anyone tell if they old CTI support script in SalesLogix LAN was ever updated to work with IP Phones?

Also, are there any good CTI products out there that work for both the LAN and the new web client?

I'm aware of QlikTech's Intelli-CTI product, but unsure if that works for the 7.5 webclient.

Any word on these?

Matt Dockins
www.ppsfirm.com
Gold Super Contributor

Re: CTI support

There's two sides of CTI:

A - Dial

B - Screen "pop"

A - That's easy.... All you need is the "driver" that is supplied by the vendor. It looks like a "soft modem" to the pc. I've also written an interface to Vonage and have one for Skype in the works. The BIG problem gets down to just whickh way do you want to go:

1 - Use what is in the phone/mobile/fax, etc field as the number (I use this)

2 - Use the approach tha the "country codes" will be auto-prepended (that's what the Slx CTI tries to do). Plus there's the Dialing rules of the PC (control pnl settnigs)

B - This is hard(er) - and may not always be useful. You could write something that takes the inbound ANI (or callerID) and looks up the number. Most folks purchase a 3rd party package but you can do this IF you have access to the "API" of the 3rd party IP phone software.

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Highlighted
Employee

Matt,

Intelli-CTI is a great option.  They support the 7.5 Windows client now and will be supporting the Web client this fall.

Tyler

Bronze Super Contributor

Hello,

am i right, that simple dialing out of Web-Client without using third party app is not yet supported? 

Regards

Rainer Raebiger

bizz consult gmbh 

Regards
Rainer Raebiger
Gold Super Contributor

Correct - Although "simple TAPI Dial-Out" has been part of the Windows client forever.. the web client does not have this capability... unless you do some custom coding.
--

Bronze Super Contributor

Not 100% right. There are many tools outside, they use click and call functions, you can mark any number in any website an press e.g. F8 an than you can dial. Cisco has a Click to Call component in his Callmanager, Estos has a click to call implementation for the Microsoft OCS.

For Inbound we are all waiting for Qgate an perhaps next Year at-Data.

If you use a Cisco Callmanager you can also connect the SLX Database via XML ans use Phonenumbers direkt in the Display of the Cisco Phone. Today we also finished the Connection between Voxtrons Agente Callcenter Solution an SLX WEB.

Bye

Michael 

… stay connected!
Gold Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

True.. I've done things like hook into Click2call for Vonage.... and one can also hookup w/skype.

But there's no direct "TAPI" hookup (OOTB) like we have in Windows SalesLogix

For inbound it becomes a matter of:

A - Locate the EntityID that contains matching inbound phone number

B - do a "re-direct" to that EntityID

Of course it sounds simple but is really a complex process. 

Message Edited by RJLedger on 02-08-2010 01:06 PM
--

Bronze Super Contributor

i agree
… stay connected!
Bronze Super Contributor

Thanks for your answers.

Regards
Rainer Raebiger

Over the last few years many customers with AltiGen systems have purchased the AltiGen Software Assurance program as part of an upgrade from 5.0a to 6.0. In an effort to educate current Software Assurance customers as well as spread the word to customers who are not yet currently under this program. Many essay writing companies are also discused abut this topics online.