Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted

Re: Bringing an .xml file into the SLX 7.5 database over the web client.

Hi Gene,

we've had success creating a lead in slx.

The only thing what we are confused is the point importing the addresses. I've heard that these info are saved in an additional table in SLX.

Do we have the possibility to import the address data using the leads template.xml?

An example for importing contacts would be very nice Smiley Wink

Regards

Kai

Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

To work with Leads and Contacts it's exactly the same. Notice in the example I show you have to download a template for the Account entity. After getting that template I populate it and send it back as a payload. All you have to do is grab the template of the entity you are working on and send that back.

Sr. Sales Engineer
Gene Arnold
Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

Let me see if I can help you here. I have to travel again and also have some tools I have to build on my plate. I'll try to help with another example. Was this one useful for you?

Sr. Sales Engineer
Gene Arnold
Highlighted

yes the example was really usefull. At the moment I'm switching the code into our application. the only difficulty are the addresses.

Thanks again.

kai

Highlighted

Hi Gene,

I haven't heard anything back from you concerning the other examples.

I've been successful to create new leads and activities, histories for these leads.

Now the only step missing on this is how to update an existing one. We want to check if a lead is existing using the email address. 

We've heard that it is possible to add a sql syntax to the link, Do you know anything about that?

Can you please send us the code examples we've requested earlier for the contacts?

Thanks in advance

Kai Schaffrath

Highlighted

Hi Gene,

haven't received any example of how to create contacts using sdata yet.

It would be great if you can send us this, because we're a little bit under time pressure.

Thanks

kai