Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings

Bringing an .xml file into the SLX 7.5 database over the web client.

Hi guys,

we're developing a tool which is going to scan business cards into SLX. 

The scenario is as follows:

The user accesses the database over the webexplorer. As I have seen in the Implementation guide, the user doesn't have to have installed something additionalto access the database.

As we have heard from multiple parts, SLX is not offering a web service to import such .xml. It's only possible if we create an own web service (what is no option for us) or to send the xml to SLX.

Now our questions are:

Where do we have to send the xml to?

How must the xml be created? Syntax and required information?

What must be configured on the server that the xml is imported?

Does the user have to have installed anything additional on his maschine?

Are there any example codes we can go through?

It would be great if we can receive quick help on this because it's quite urgent.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Kai Schaffrath

CRMADDON Factory GmbH

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Bringing an .xml file into the SLX 7.5 database over the web client.

Actually SLX does have a webservice tool now. You can do exactly what you are looking to do with our new webservice tools.

Sr. Sales Engineer
Gene Arnold

ok. so is there a manual or some examples how to use and to configure the webservice tools and how the xml must be created?

That would help us very much,

Thanks in advance

Regards

Kai Schaffrath

I've googled a little bit for the toolkit but only found a document for SLX 6 not for slx 7.

Can you give me a link where I can download everything concerning this?

Kai

Bronze Super Contributor

I'm on the road right now but I'll get you an example Wed. The SData setup is in the setup guide and if you check out the entities in application arch you will see an SData tab. Also check out the help in AA for info on SData.

Sr. Sales Engineer
Gene Arnold

What version of SLX will you be using? What access to the SLX data do you need?  Contacts?

John Perona

Director, Infor CRM Development

Infor CRM

Infor CRM

Bronze Super Contributor

What version of SLX are you using 7.5 or 7.5.1? There was a small change in the REST url so I want to give you an example that will work on your install.

Sr. Sales Engineer
Gene Arnold

we want to put contacts and leads with activities and histories into the database. we're using slx 7.5 at the moment.

I'm trying to open the xml of the corresponding part in my application now, but I don't know exactly how I have to connect to the xml.

Maybe there is a short example of how to connect to such an xml and to enter data in it.

thanks for the help

regards

kai

Bronze Super Contributor

This is a link to an example I built to help learn about sData.

http://sites.google.com/site/genesprojects/Home/saleslogix-example/simple-sdata-example

This is for 7.5.1 and the only thing that changed from 7.5 to 7.5.1 is the url changed a little. Open up AA and check out an entity to see what the url is. Here is a picture of what I'm talking about. Other then that I think it should work fine but it has been awhile since I have used 7.5.

Sr. Sales Engineer
Gene Arnold

Hi Gene,

THANKS for this example. With little changes we have been able to work with the accounts.

How is it working for Leads and Contacts? Do we only have to do a few changes on the example you send us or is it different than it?

It would be very nice if you can send us this info and a example for it. We'll try to find it out on our side for the moment.

Regards and thanks

Kai