Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Copper Elite Contributor

Automated Intellisync Client Installation

Is it possible to run an automated Intellisync Client Installation with pre-defined configuration settings (regarding the sync behaviour)?

Highlighted
Gold Super Contributor

Re: Automated Intellisync Client Installation

AFAIK - No.. 

Mark - care to jump in here and beat me up or confirm ;-)

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Highlighted
Employee

I believe RJ to be correct. The install itself can probably be automated, but the actual configuration is done at each user computer.  It requires your connection information to Outlook as well as what mailbox to use.  Also the configuration files are stored in directories on the local users computer under Documents and Settings.

I have played around with trying to configure on one computer and then move the configuation folders over to the user's computer, but you would have to move more than just the user's configuration folders...there is another set of folders that seems to store some information about the user and if everything is not copied over properly it won't work.  I just don't recommend it.  Maybe someone else out there has managed what folders and files would need to be moved over.

Loretta Carroll
QA Engineer
Highlighted
Copper Elite Contributor

Thank you for your answer.

Additionally, I received an answer from Sage Germany that Intellisyc is not recommended in installations with more than 50 users. Under that premiss, we are not sure to introduce intellisync at all.

Highlighted
Gold Super Contributor

I've NEVER heard of such a limit. It's not anywhere in any official Sage Documentation AFAIK.

Ask them to send you an "official" document (or where in the docs) such a thing is stated.

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Highlighted
Employee

I have not heard of that limitation either.  May I ask  who you received that information from? I just want to be sure everyone is on the same page and they are not by chance mixing up the information.

Thank you,

Loretta Carroll
QA Engineer