Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Astute Commentator

Anyone using DynaLink with MAS 500 7.3?

My env: SLX 7.5.0, MAS 500 7.2, DynaLink 7.0.0.1003.  SQL Server 2005 SP2 on Server 2003 Enterprise (x32) SP2.

We are in the upgrade planning process to move from MAS 500 7.2 to 7.3.  We use DynaLink to just do a small amount of work: copy inventory items and customers from MAS to SLX. As you may or may not know, DynaLink is not officially supported in MAS 500 past 7.2. So, a few questions:

- Is anyone (successfully) using DynaLink with MAS 500 >= 7.3?

- Did anyone try using it here and found specific problems?

- ERP Link seems like overkill for my purposes - any caveats for just writing some standalone SQL queries to move data from my mas500_app db to saleslogix? (both are on the same SQL server)

Thanks much for any input.

Copper Contributor

Re: Anyone using DynaLink with MAS 500 7.3?

More or less the same infrastructure, SLX 7.5.3, MAS500 7.3.5. 

Dynalink does work, but we have problems with it frequently crashing (back from MAS500 7.05) and so are moving off of it.

Astute Commentator

KLou, thanks for the update. A sister company of ours also uses DL and they have a lot of crashing problems as well. They use it more extensively than we do though. I guess we will proceed with caution.

Copper Contributor

We never have any problems syncing Customer or Inventory  - the vast majority of our crashes usually occur during syncing Invoice lines.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Previously I used DynaLink, but as Sage as moved off of it and now supports ERPLink I no longer use it.  After using both products, I wouldn't necessarily say it is overkill, but that the functionality and the methods are different.  There is documentation on migrating from DynaLink to ERPLink on the support site.

As to your final question about queries, the biggest challenge that I can think of is making sure that all of the information is filled in correctly in the fields, including the generation of record id's.  Assuming you have a developer with a SalesLogix background, it would seem to me like it could be safe.

Keep in mind there is another option, you could use Scribe to move the data from one environment to another.  www.scribesoft.com

Nickel Elite Contributor

We have added back functionality for Mas 500 synchronization in Dynalink 2013.