Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Copper Contributor

Alarming results from Outlook Connector Sync

[ Edited ]

Looking for help, explanation or anyone experiencing the same thing with their Outlook Sync.

A SalesLogix user (no outlook sync user profile setup) created a To-DO activity.

We then noticed that this activity had been completed with a future date and had somehow found itself onto a completely random Contacts Notes/History record.

When I searched for anymore Notes/History records with the same Note/LongNote value - SQL returned 71 rows, 70 duplicates from the original To-Do.

68 of which have a CreateSource of 'OutlookSync' with a unique GlobalSyncID value, unique HISTORYID/ACTIVITYID

2 have found their way onto random Contacts Notes/History and have a NULL CreateSource.

the CreateUser of these records are both from the only two users with Outlook Sync setup. 

I have no idea where to go from here.

I am aware if you search through Notes/History for items with OutlookSync as its CreateSource there are over eighty thousand results, with the NOTE/LONGNOTE field holds the string SLXID: contactIDAccountID and the CreateUsers are the Outlook Sync profile users.

I guess these act as some type of record 'receipt' confirmation for the two way Outlook sync, but why would some records randomly pick a contact record now?

I have attached a screenshot of the results if anyone fancies a look of the query I was working on:

SELECT HISTORYID, ACTIVITYID,TYPE,CONTACTID,ACCOUNTID,STARTDATE, USERID, CREATEDATE,CREATEUSER,MODIFYDATE,COMPLETEDDATE,COMPLETEDUSER,NOTES,CREATESOURCE,GLOBALSYNCID FROM sysdba.HISTORY WHERE NOTES =  *note field*

would be curious if anyone else has thousands of Contactless-Accountless Note History Items when they perform

SELECT * FROM sysdba.HISTORY WHERE CREATESOURCE = 'OUTLOOKSYNC' 

One last thing is that the SpeedSearch by default is picking up these Outlook sync 'receipt' records despite it being told not to!