Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Tuned Listener

v7.5.2 AA Bug (Reproducible)

I have found what I personally think is a major ApplicationArchitect bug.  I have been able to reproduce this failure and have outlinedthe steps below.

1.      Restore the v7.5.2 Project Backup

2.      Install bundles

a.       Ihave 2 bundles built for my v7.5.2 so far.  I have tried installing justone this error still occurs

3.      Open a bundle and use the Validate All Itemsbutton

a.       Allitems valid message will pop up

4.      Close AA

5.      Reopen AA

6.      Reopen a bundle and use the Validate All Itemsbutton

a.       The following error occurs 

===================================

Anapplication exception has occurred.

===================================

Objectreference not set to an instance of an object. (Sage.Platform)

------------------------------

ProgramLocation:

atSage.Platform.Orm.Entities.OrmMethodTarget.<GetActualParameters>d__2.MoveNext()

at System.Linq.Buffer`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 source)

at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToArray[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)

at Sage.Platform.Orm.Entities.OrmMethodTargetSnippet.AcceptChanges()

at Sage.Platform.ComponentModel.EditableBaseCollection`2.AcceptChanges()

at Sage.Platform.Orm.Entities.OrmEntityMethod.AcceptChanges()

at Sage.Platform.Orm.Entities.OrmEntityMethod.OnLoaded(IFileInfo path)

atSage.Platform.Projects.ModelItemBase.Sage.Platform.Projects.Interfaces.IModelItem.OnLoaded(IFileInfopath)

at Sage.Platform.Projects.ProjectBase.LoadUrl(IModelItem parent, String url,Type type)

at Sage.Platform.Projects.ProjectBase.GetImpl(String url, IModelItem parent,Boolean reload, Type type)

at Sage.Platform.Projects.ProjectBase.Get(String url, Type type)

at Sage.Platform.Orm.Entities.BundleSupport.ModelItemBundleItemBase`2.get_Item()

atSage.Platform.Orm.Entities.BundleSupport.ModelItemBundleItemBase`2.OnValidate(ErrorMessageListerrors)

at Sage.Platform.Projects.BundleItem.get_IsValid()

at Sage.Platform.BundleModel.BundleManifest.ValidateItemRecursively(IBundleItemitem)

at Sage.Platform.BundleModel.BundleManifest.ValidateItemRecursively(IBundleItemitem)

at Sage.Platform.BundleModel.BundleManifest.ValidateItems()

atSage.Platform.BundleModel.AdminModule.BundleItemHierarchyExplorerBase.btnValidate_Click(Objectsender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button,Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtrwparam, IntPtr lparam)

The error looks generic to me but it poses a rather large problemin that if I am working on my customizations I cannont close AA.  If I dothen I need to restore the backup within AA in order start bundling my changesagain.

Tuned Listener

Re: v7.5.2 AA Bug (Reproducible)

Interestingly enough, I have found that if I CTRL-Rebuild Interfaces and then Web Platform I am once again able to validate my bundles.  I wonder what AA is holding in memory when I build the interfaces that affects bundling?
Employee

Re: v7.5.2 AA Bug (Reproducible)

It looks like something entity/business rule related is relying on something output from the build to be able to validate.

Would it be possible to get a bundle from you to reproduce the problem so a fix can be made?

Alternatively, could you provide very detailed steps to reproduce?