Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Copper Elite Contributor

slx 7.5p1HF6 - XML Schema Node not Found error when adding/editing a group of custom mainview.

On the web, I created a new standa alone table, to create a mainview. When I add a group for this mainview, I get an error:

XMLSchema Node not Found: [Tablename]

Exception Details: Sage.Saleslogix.Client.GroupBuilder.GroupBuilderException: XML Schema Node not found: [tablename]

Ive profiled to see what happens and it seems that a plugin record is being accessed.

Select * from plugin where pluginid = ‘xmlschema’

I’ve searched the blob contents of this record, and cannot find any entries of my custom table, or any custom table and fields. I don’t believe this is being updated, and I believe this is what is leading to the error.

Note: my tablename has underscores in it. Its called Inf_parent_org

Thanks

~ Henry

Gold Super Contributor

Re: slx 7.5p1HF6 - XML Schema Node not Found error when adding/editing a group of custom mainview.

As you know, there's been a lot of issues posted about using uteh underscore in a tablename. I suggest you try it over w/out underscores.
--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Copper Elite Contributor

Re: slx 7.5p1HF6 - XML Schema Node not Found error when adding/editing a group of custom mainview.

Thanks, this used to work fine with tables that have underscores, prior to hf6.

Nevertheless, I just tested doing the same thing with a new table without underscores in the name, and had the same issue.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Gold Super Contributor

Nope..
--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Copper Elite Contributor

Can you tell us how to get that plugin record blob regenerated correctly?

Thanks

~ Henry

Employee

When a new table is created in Admin.exe, it should be doing the following:

UPDATE PLUGIN SET DATACODE = 'REBUILD_SCHEMA' WHERE PLUGINID = 'XMLSCHEMA'

The GroupBuilder should be looking for the REBUILD_SCHEMA flag, and rebuilding the schema. If not, it's a bug. The alternative way to rebuild the XMLSCHEMA (after this flag is set) is to edit a mail merge template, which also checks for this flag and rebuilds the XMLSCHEMA if the flag exists.

Thanks

Mike

Employee

Was the table created in Admin.exe? I'm assuming so. If so, then it's a bug that the XMLSCHEMA plugin did not get updated or did not rebuild.

Thanks

Mike

Tuned Listener

I am having the same issue with a new main view I am trying to create as well.

• Table created in admin (has sectabledef records)
  • Table has underscores in it.Old LAN view converting to web. 
  • Did the suggested 'Update plugin set DataCode...' then did a mail merge
  • Have the Navigation set up along with some context for lookups\Insert\create group.
  • Cleared build settings directories
  • Full rebuild with iisreset
  • Existing groups defined in the LAN show up in the list of groups. No groups display data in web but do in LAN
  • Gives same error if I try to edit an exisiting group or add a new one.

Error below

---------------------

(Line 27) Error: 'totalRecords' is null or not an object

---------------------

[GroupBuilderException: XMLSchema Node not Found: C_SYS_CATEGORY]
   Sage.SalesLogix.Client.GroupBuilder.GroupNodeDecorator.Decorate() +4931
   Sage.SalesLogix.Client.GroupBuilder.QueryBuilderMain.TableTreeView_TreeNodePopulate(Object sender, TreeNodeEventArgs e) +67
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.TreeView.OnTreeNodePopulate(TreeNodeEventArgs e) +105
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.TreeView.PopulateNode(TreeNode node) +59
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.TreeNode.Populate() +111
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.TreeNode.SetOwner(TreeView owner) +89
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.TreeNodeCollection.AddAt(Int32 index, TreeNode child) +372
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.TreeNodeCollection.Add(TreeNode child) +20
   Sage.SalesLogix.Client.GroupBuilder.QueryBuilderMain.initTableTree(String maintable) +739
   Sage.SalesLogix.Client.GroupBuilder.QueryBuilderMain.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +1263
   System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +15
   System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +34
   System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +47

Employee

Regarding the steps, you would have to [edit] a mail merge template in order for it to rebuild the xmlschema, rather than running mail merge. After the xmlschema plugin is rebuilt (by mail merge) it will be located here:

[XP / 2003]

C:\Documents and Settings\%User%\Application Data\Saleslogix\MailMerge\Data\ADMIN\SLDBSchema.xml

[Vista / Windows 7 / 2008]

C:\Users\%User%\AppData\Roaming\Saleslogix\MailMerge\Data\ADMIN\SLDBSchema.xml

Tuned Listener

Got it, but ot sure what stepped fixed it. Here is what I did.

Backup record with sql: update plugin  set pluginid = 'xmlschemabk' where pluginid='XMLSCHEMA'

Created a new field in my custom table through Admin

In LAN client [Edited] a mail merge

Went back and viewed my new XMLSchema Blob and my entries were there

Thanks for the pointers, hope this helps out the next guy...

--Ken--