Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Tuned Listener

showing insert page for datagrid v7.5.4

Using SLX 7.5.4, have built a datagrid showing 1:many data for a contact, added the button to the tab to launch the insert view built the page for the insert view...added the button to launch the insert view to the new tab but nothing happens...

Any ideas how I can resolve waht should be a simple task.

Thanks,

Derek

Highlighted
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: showing insert page for datagrid v7.5.4

did you add the smartpart to the contact detail page. If its not showing chances is you missed this step.
Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

Derek:

From what I read, it seems as if you have the "Add" Button on the Tab, but it does not bring your Insert Dialog.

First of all: Did you set the Action of the Button to a "Dialog Action" and linked it to your Insert Dialog? 

Second: Did you add your Insert Dialog to your Page and set it up as a Dialog?

In other words, when you open the Contact Details Page, you should have added 2 items there:

- The View with the DataGrid (setup to display as a Tab)

- The View for the Insert (setup to display as a Dialog)

Raul A. Chavez
http://raul.chavez.com
http://www.crmbi.com
Highlighted
Tuned Listener

Hi Raul, yes I have both the insert and the datagrid added to the smartparts for the contact details page...

Highlighted
Tuned Listener

hey Mark, yes have the insert page added to the smartparts section of the contact details page....
Highlighted
Nickel Elite Contributor

I would go to the deployed site and look in the directory structure under SmartParts\Contacts and ensure that you have a ascx file for both your grid and insert. It is possible the insert is not deployed. If it is then I would load up the site in VS and debug it to see if any exceptions are being thrown that are causing the smart part to not load correctly. Generally these grid/edit screens are pretty simple in nature and should work as long as all the parts are aligned correctly.

Highlighted
Tuned Listener

[ Edited ]

ok I deleted the page for the insert and recreated it, build platform and deploy.....the insert page now comes up from the tab. I enter 1 field of data on the page and click the Save button and I receive and error that the contactid cannot be null in this 1:many table (obviously). I would have thought the contactid would have been populated through the relationship?

Getting closer.....

Highlighted
Nickel Elite Contributor

Ensure that you selected ChildDialogAction and not DialogAction ... set the parent properties accordingly.

Highlighted
Tuned Listener

ok changed it to an "ChildDialogAction" click the save button and the form does not close.....hmmmmm
Highlighted
Nickel Elite Contributor

Last one --- did you set the dialogresult?