Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor
Accepted Solution

"Cleaning Up" State dropdown data in Address control

I've been asked to "clean up" the dropdown that displays US States in the Address control. Previously, other related custom SmartParts (Accounts, for example) that used the dropdown were mis-configured, allowing users to freely type in values. This resulted in inconsistencies and misspellings for State abbreviations.

I can't tell where the original dataset is coming from. Where would I go to tweak this? Also, how can I sort alphabetically? The list is not quite alphabetical.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

Re: "Cleaning Up" State dropdown data in Address control

OK, I found the table (Picklist), but it looks like the entries are being ordered by ID. I'd like them ordered as Text. How can I order them this way?

Highlighted
Gold Super Contributor

Just go to the Picklist "manager:

In Admin: Manage Picklist

Just locate the State Picklist and make sure  Sorted Alpha...  is checked. OOTB It's supposed to be that way.

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

This is true in the LAN client, but I'm looking for web. This setting is already applied on the LAN side, but if it's meant to carry over to the web, it's not (which might be another problem in and of itself).
Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

I am seeing the same thing. The state picklist, even though it is marked to sort alphabetically, is sorting by the item id in the web client.

Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

The solution is to export the picklist and then import it back in to generate new item ids. You then need to restart IIS or re-deploy to use the new list on the web.

Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

Thanks for the tip!