Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Employee

Re: Windows Authentication Error

Yes, Windows authentication is available out-of-the-box; however, this is known as mixed mode authentication (i.e. Forms + Windows authentication). With the introduction of 7.5.3 HF04, Windows authentication can be enabled without Forms authentication.

Thanks

Mike

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Nice article.....note however that if Redirection is involved then the Kerberos Certificate advanced settings Check Box for the SLX Client Portal "Authentication", Windows Authentication..... MUST be turned on......

and we're having the IIS 7.5 and Windows 2008 R2 X64 Service Pack 1 issue where 1 machine sees Windows.aspx as the detault document....and the QA machines doesn't see ANY document as the default......(couple of dozen threads on this on the web....).

RJ Samp
Highlighted

If my configuration has the SLX DB and the Web Host on different servers but on the same domain would I need to have the web host server "Trusted for Delegation" and also the WebDLL user "Trusted for Delegation"?

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

We were seeing an error where the Windows.aspx page was not cited as the redirection page when the user was not found in the SLX USer's mapping to Windows Authentication.....

My Error:

The aspnet_isapi wildcard handler mapping was set on the WEB SITE, not on the sData Portal.

Removing this handler mapping from the Web Site showed the correct redirect when the Windows User was not found mapped in the SLX User's table.....

RJ Samp
Highlighted

Hi Joe,

Did you ever get this issue figure out?
Highlighted

Bavien - Yes I was, turns out I needed to install 7.5.3 Web Hot Fix 4 with a few modifications to the web.config in order to get Windows Authentication to work.