Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

Where would you like your snippets?

I'm on this mobile high right now! The new SalesLogix Mobile product is just great and I want to help people get as excited about it as I am. One thing I thought might help is getting some snippets out to you all. The issue is, what would be the most common way for me to do this? Right now I use Aptana as my editor for mobile but not everyone does. I thought maybe putting them up on Snipplr.com so that you can just search for what you like and take the ones you need? Snipplr also ties into TextMate for the Mac folks and SnippetPro for the Windows users. Give me your thoughts so I can start to share!!

Sr. Sales Engineer
Gene Arnold
Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Re: Where would you like your snippets?

Hi Gene,

What I dislike is to use many platform out in the web.

We have the community, you have your google site, there is github....

So I realy would prefer github or your google site, maybe more github.

This  is a platform which is used by other partners and by sage.

Please make it simple and do not let us create profiles on every sharing platform in the world!

And also it is no time saver if you need to search all this platform for content.

And trust me, after some time, you do not remember where someone ever posted code.

So all in one place realy helps!

That is, why we all sell CRM isn't it???

Alexander

Highlighted
Gold Super Contributor

Absolutle agree Alexandr.

Whay can't the SalesLogix team do what the ACT team has been doing for years.. post it all on the community?

EX:http://community.act.com/t5/Sage-ACT-Developer-Downloads/bd-p/ADN_Downloads

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

Ok I think I'm reading you both loud and clear, another place to look for stuff is a bad idea. How about this then, Dave Wallace thought a location on the community with just snippets might be a good idea. This way you can search that location and then copy the ones you like out to your own snippet tools of choice. How does this sound? GitHub would be overkill for just a simple one or two liner snippet. As much as I love my site I don't feel that best supports the community because most people would never think of going there. The community would be a better central place that all people could contribute snippets. We can tag them appropriately so searching for items would be easy.

Sr. Sales Engineer
Gene Arnold
Highlighted
Gold Super Contributor

Sounds just fine!

Thanks!

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html