Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Bronze Contributor

Web service integration

Hi

I've needed to integrate with webservices with Saleslogix web 7.5.4.   I've successfully added the reference via web.config (by creating a web reference in Visual Studio and copying the necessary files and keys).   And accessing the web service via smartparts works great.  However in some cases I need to access the web service from a code snippet action, and I found that since it compiles as a dll, it doesn't seem to find the reference from web.config.  Is there some way I can link it to work correctly?   Since we have different URLS depending if its Dev, QA or Live, I need one place I can easily change the settings.

Thanks

Robert

Astute Commentator

Re: Web service integration

Hi Robert,

we did something similar, but we encapsulated all communication to the webservice in a dll.

You could pass the URL in some kind of initialize method or read it from the database.

If you then put your business rule code in a dll rather then using c# code snippets it should be possible to access the webservice from there.

Greetings from Berlin

Klemens